What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Not so much bought, more birthday presents, a compass new sigg and a e+lite replacement.

And a new pair of Scarpas:dancer:

Last edited:

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
this last month. i had a freelander as a late xmas prezzie off the missus. ive had a bahco laplander, and small forest axe, silva compass, helsport kondsvold 8-10 lavvu(arriving next week). hunter catapult. explorer canteen, osprey 90/58 patt canteen mug and crusader cooker and cup set. dd tarp. and ive got a frontier stove on the way. happy bloody days! :) another month and ill have saved for my canoe. then its mega adventure time with the son and missus!

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
I broke the bank today.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a laplander style saw, for when I have a proper go at making a campfire.

On the way back from a little wander earlier today, I popped into Poundland (rude not to) and saw this.

98359-Pruning-Saw.jpg

It should probably have the word 'disposable' in the product title, but it might be handy while I'm practising my wood cutting skills in the garden

I also got two emergency shelters, which are basically a very cheap tarp, ideal if you are in a tent, fancy some grub and don't want to get soaked to the skin, cooking outside in the rain. I carried one with me during last summers adventures, I only needed to use it a couple of times, but it did the job when I needed it to and didn't burst into flames, which is always a bonus.

I also got two wind up torches, which proved popular with my friends who developed a habit of 'acquiring' them off me.

And two head torches, which from last years experiences are great in the dark, so long as there isn't any rain.

Now I'm not going to claim Poundland products are of the highest quality, or are likely to be that long lasting, but in my experience, they are handy for cheapo camping spares and practice before you buy a proper one type things.

I also popped in to Millets, who are still marking down some decent gear to silly prices and picked up two of these for £1 each
http://www.millets.co.uk/product/095...tribute=165465

Lots of change from a tenner.

Colin

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I just picked up an MSR Titan kettle from Go Outdoors for £35.91 delivered. Used their 10% off price match with Elite Mountain Supplies who were doing it for £39.90. Result as ive been wanting one for a long time. Discout card required

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I broke the bank today.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a laplander style saw, for when I have a proper go at making a campfire.

On the way back from a little wander earlier today, I popped into Poundland (rude not to) and saw this.

98359-Pruning-Saw.jpg

It should probably have the word 'disposable' in the product title, but it might be handy while I'm practising my wood cutting skills in the garden

I also got two emergency shelters, which are basically a very cheap tarp, ideal if you are in a tent, fancy some grub and don't want to get soaked to the skin, cooking outside in the rain. I carried one with me during last summers adventures, I only needed to use it a couple of times, but it did the job when I needed it to and didn't burst into flames, which is always a bonus.

I also got two wind up torches, which proved popular with my friends who developed a habit of 'acquiring' them off me.

And two head torches, which from last years experiences are great in the dark, so long as there isn't any rain.

Now I'm not going to claim Poundland products are of the highest quality, or are likely to be that long lasting, but in my experience, they are handy for cheapo camping spares and practice before you buy a proper one type things.

I also popped in to Millets, who are still marking down some decent gear to silly prices and picked up two of these for £1 each
http://www.millets.co.uk/product/095...tribute=165465

Lots of change from a tenner.

Colin

Good bargains there; nice work!

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Me Serrata arrived today, the Stu Mitchell last week.

IMG_0972-1.jpg

Bought another couple of new torches last week.

Dereelight DBS V3 with Aspherical lens a mega throw torch.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

And a Klarus MiX6 Ti

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

Also bought a Leatherman Style PS

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

Last edited:

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
Just got a Camelbak BFM in green to use in the summer months so I don't have to use my old sas bergen so much, It was issued in 1979 but is still in good condition after all these years of dragging it round the world hope the BFM is as good.

I've just got the Honey Stove (at last) plan on giving a good field test this weekend up at Brockwell.

I also ordered some Hammock Spreader bars (Fits on the DD hammock to to keep the mozzy net spread, It's going to save me a lot of hassle finding and trimming sticks to put it up. but they haven't been delivered as of yet, I was hoping to take them along as well.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
1.Full membership to BCUK at long last

2. A bacon butty

3. An M.O.T for the car, Straight through for a grand total of £25. Bargain or what ! (Cheapest in the UK they boast, I'm inclined to believe them !)

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
My Cuscadi scales came in today for my Doug Ritter Griptilian.

Very very happy with them, the scales now seem to match the quality of the blade.

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE