What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Huge, soft wool blanket from charity shop - £3.99

Some large needles for sewing dog leads - £2.99

A large pink wool blanket - £0 (Freegle)!

Tried burning fibres of both blankets & they stank but didn't melt so think they are wool. Hoping to dye them more suitable colours

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
Here goes:

Eurohike Voyager Junior Sleeping Bag x2 £4.80
Y ground pegs x4 £2.50
2 OS Explorer Maps £14
Dog bowl & LED light £3
Bungee cords/hook x4 £4
15m Para type cord £ 4
Socks x2 £18
5x dry bag £3 each
Foam mat £3
Boots for OH £20
Walking poles x2 £13
7x S-biners £5
Meths £6

I have a problem but at least they were all bargains. (Except the maps...)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Got a bit carried away during my last trip to the USA recently (actually got totally carried away...). Got the following:

- brand new US modular sleep system - genuine Tenier one - vacuum packedand all properly marked.. By the way, the large stuff sack these come with are brilliant - so large uncompressed thast they don't squeeze the bag fillings, yet compress down nicely when needed. However, browsing through the website, also couildn't resist these...
-"used" military goretex bivi bag - same as in the sleep system. Actually appears band new.
- 2 quart squeezy water carrier and insulated carrying bag
- US ss mug and water bottle
- New US poncho liner
- miscellaneous carrying container thingy - still not sure what it is, but it holds a fair bit!
- Emberlit s/s stove
-1.4 litre "grease-pot" from Walmart, as seen on many of Tinny from minibull design's youtube videos. Really nice alu pot and lid for about £4.50.
- 1.5 litre percolating enamel cofee pot (tried it out in hotel room with alcohol stove inside the Emberlit - great success and caffein overdose that evening!)
US military duffel bag to carry it all back home in!

Oh - and also found at a discount store (L&R? in North Carolina) a genuine Australian "Outback" full-length wax-cotton driver coat and hat (and 2 tubs of Outback re-proofer). I can now give a really poor impression of a rotund Clint Eastwood from his spaghetti western days:)

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
cheapo thermal leggings, dubbin, FAK and a fleece. since found the fleece has no zip....that'd be why it was £2!

still needing some merino thermals, any recommendations pls PM me, danke

Try checking out Blacks sales - they had some merino thermals in there.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I got a nice little package delivered yesterday from BPL-UK. I got a double silk parachute hammock made by under the moon (a NZ company I believe) £25, silk body silk liner gloves £5 and the square SS plate to use with 4 sides of the honey stove for about £5.

So I am now looking forward to better weather so I can hang out in the trees and chill. I am not a swinger as far as sleeping as I prefer my tarp and bivvy or tents but it is for chilling out in only on camps in good weather. Never used a hammock before, not even tried one out. I am looking forward to finding out if they really do dump you out if you try to get in it the wrong way!!

Also the square plate is the only thing that was missing from the honey stove. I will now actually use it properly now.

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Sale at Cotswold Outdoors, £100 off Mountain Equipment Xero 250:

tumblr_lz73woG7mT1qzb16wo1_400.jpg

Super fluffy, with 750+ fill Hungarian goose down. Covered in Mountain Equipment’s Helium fabric on the outside, and EXL top-lining. It’s slightly elastic on the inside, so it hugs whilst trapping dead-air nicely. Packs very small, and weighs 600g (lighter, yet much warmer than my Quechua S16). I never trust the ranges stated on sleeping-bags, but this one claims a comfort-limit of 4C, which is fine for me, as I’ll use it as the basis of a winter system, using silk and fleece-liners (as well as the bivvy-bag).

It’s a minimalist’s bag, but it does the job nicely; and the quality is second to none.

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
I was looking for a place to get out of the rain and ducked into a Mountain Warehouse to kill a few minutes.

They mostly stock kit I neither want or need, but I did spot their aluminium solo cookset
http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/ca...es/cookware/aluminium-solo-cookset-p2940.aspx
which was reduced (reduced, reduced) to just 99p.

They may turn out to be useless tat, but I got three as they could be useful for experiments / ideas I have, if nothing else.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I bought this baby from lannyman:

0x9Cq.jpg

It's away having a sheath made so I can't play with it yet but I had to have it!

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I bought it a while ago, but I had my new old No2 cooker arrive today and gave it a full test it is in great working order.

I have also recently bought a parachute for £10, lots of cuts in it, that the military have to do, it just means I have a bit of sewing to do to get it sorted.

I have also got the Lofty Wiseman DVD of his survival skills it is a good watch, and an eye opener to the man himself.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
Just got a msr titan kettle from sports direct for £9.99 it had a very small dint at the side
6d91701d-221a-3ef7.jpg
the mark on it is were i pulled the label off

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE