Warrington
IMG-4081.jpg
A bit late as it was last week :biggrin:

Reactions: plastic-ninja

5TailFox

Aug 19, 2024
Northumberland
Never go anywhere without one!
I sawed the handle off one of mine so that it fits inside the Kettle. I use a pot gripper to hold it.

Well done!

I dismantled it and used a bobby pin for the lid hinge so it completely comes apart then the handle and bottom half fit inside the top to half the size. It won’t let me upload a second pic of it stashed together

5TailFox

Aug 19, 2024
Northumberland
5d45acf4dba0c8b8d20fa1657640eea2.jpg

…part 3 - it’s component bits.

Tried it out this morning and makes a decent brew. It’s only a 3 espresso cup so a couple of little brews. Just enough for me and the Mrs to start the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5TailFox

Aug 19, 2024
Northumberland
As I’m just getting into wild camping I’ve been buying a few new things. This Trekology Yizi Go turned up today. First impressions are good but yet to be field tested.
6cc21dc5833e81cdc9f5f6ef67541531.jpg

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Good haul, definitely ‘buy once, cry once’ purchases.

I’ve got a couple of Civivi knives and was looking at Vosteed too, but there are enthusiasts about saying how nice the action is on them, and I agree, but that the action on a Petrified Fish is sublime. I’m going to find out if they're right.

I’ve got a yellow thing going on at the moment.;)

View attachment 89720
Where did you get that, looks nice. Had a look on Ali, but didn’t see any Petrified ones I liked, apart from a folding one that was shaped like a shark when open, I particularly liked the blade profile, the PFE10, it has what I think, might be called a Wharncliffe shaped blade. I like a flat blade like on Sheep’s foot etc. The thing that puts me off buying it is, I could imagine such overly officious customs seizing it as a” dangerous looking knife “ and at £78, it’s too much money to risk. But I do like yours, but couldn’t find it.

Chris

Life Member
Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Currently considering myself a very lucky chap. Bought last week from Hammock Man of this forum (a true gent and pleasure to buy from).

Feels wonderful to hold. It’s the SWC model with Iroko.

Attachments

• IMG_8024.jpeg
    IMG_8024.jpeg
    809.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: ijohnson

5TailFox

Aug 19, 2024
Northumberland
Fair enough, I stand corrected but you might want to tell Amazon too as that’s how they describe it but it still makes ok coffee for when I’m camping ;)

ijohnson

Mar 10, 2024
uk
As I’m just getting into wild camping I’ve been buying a few new things. This Trekology Yizi Go turned up today. First impressions are good but yet to be field tested.
6cc21dc5833e81cdc9f5f6ef67541531.jpg

I have the Helinox of which this is a copy. Good chairs as long as the ground is hard enough so the legs don't sink in. Various solutions available if you find you need one.

Reactions: 5TailFox

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
That is not an espresso maker. It is a moka pot.

Espresso is made by pressing water with 112 - 251 PSI pressure through coffee in 20-30 seconds. Can only be achieved with one of these:
Something locks

If it’s good enough for Montalbano it’s good enough for me.
I don’t give a toss what the drink is called, if it’s strong enough and there is enough of it, it will do.
The whole world calls the Bialetti coffee maker and espresso maker.
(Just don’t serve me a bloody Ristoretto)

Enjoy your packed down espresso maker, it’s clever. It’s a pity it won’t stay that bright after being in a camp fire!

Reactions: 5TailFox

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Something locks

If it’s good enough for Montalbano it’s good enough for me.
I don’t give a toss what the drink is called, if it’s strong enough and there is enough of it, it will do.
The whole world calls the Bialetti coffee maker and espresso maker.
(Just don’t serve me a bloody Ristoretto)

Enjoy your packed down espresso maker, it’s clever. It’s a pity it won’t stay that bright after being in a camp fire!

Not the whole world, maybe your world :)

The confusion comes from the fact that Bialetti call it the 'Express' - half the British population think their drinking Expresso :)

• Haha
Reactions: Herman30

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE