What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Trap now been out for 5 weeks. Counter reading 14 today, with 6 confirmed squirrels (either as bodies or confirmed by Trailcam), and - sadly - 3 bycatch mice. That leaves 5 "trigger events" unaccounted for.

As well as baiting according to the instructions, I've been smearing some of the Hazelnut paste on the wall higher up the chamber just above the trigger, hopefully encouraging further and deeper exploration by the Squirrels.

I caught one Squirrel on Trailcam checking out the trap bait and then having a nibble at the bark on the tree as well! Little bu99er...

Checking and rebaiting every two days now. For the first 4 weeks I was doing it daily.
i have to say, despite removing the gas cartridge, I still get anxious poking my finger up those things. Did you use a flattened stick?

bearbait

i have to say, despite removing the gas cartridge, I still get anxious poking my finger up those things. Did you use a flattened stick?
I unscrew the trap's own bait tray at the top and use one of those Cotton Wool Bud things (the ones on a small stick) to smear the paste around. Ditto to smear upwards from the entrance to the trap.

I think that even if you remove the gas cylinder there's still a charge waiting to go off if you disturb the trigger.

Reactions: Nice65

Billy-o

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Admission to the Canadian Canoe Museum in Peterborough. Acceptable dress code was short-sleeved plaid shirt, cargo shorts, Keens and a Tilley (and be over 75). I was woefully poorly attired. The shop seems to have missed a step - no Tilley hats for sale :) Lovely visit though. At a guess - 700 plus vessels, but mainly in the climate controlled warehouse area.

Reactions: Broch

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I hope yesterday counts, I brought a G-SHOCK 2100 watch from a very well reviewed UK EBAY seller / shop and yep if it's looks to good to be true guess what it ''Blinking'' is.
Contacted them just now and they offered me a 30% discount or an exchange.
I said nope Refund with free postage pretty please.
Sods law wanted 1 for afew months.
still weeping

ijohnson

Mar 10, 2024
uk
I hope yesterday counts, I brought a G-SHOCK 2100 watch from a very well reviewed UK EBAY seller / shop and yep if it's looks to good to be true guess what it ''Blinking'' is.
Contacted them just now and they offered me a 30% discount or an exchange.
I said nope Refund with free postage pretty please.
Sods law wanted 1 for afew months.
still weeping
If you posted in the Wanted forum maybe someone might have something of interest!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’ve looked at that Opinel and tried to persuade myself that I need it!

I don’t need it, I have plenty of useful Opinels but I want that blade and Viroblock lock to go into a rustic handle.

It looks like a great tool. Enjoy.

Falstaff

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2023
Berkshire
You can't take money with you.

But you can request to be buried with your bush gear... nice bits of kit.
Very nice, but they better get the wide JCB bucket out and go deep if they are going to bury all my kit with me!
More likely they will sell it all for peanuts, not realising its (alleged) value, to pay for burning me and having a knees up. And why not.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Smashed the piggy bank and took myself along to the Wilderness Gathering.

Came away with a Silky Gomboy Outback, Zebra steel plate and a Rob Evans Bushtool S.

Very happy. And broke.

View attachment 89666

View attachment 89667
Good haul, definitely ‘buy once, cry once’ purchases.

I’ve got a couple of Civivi knives and was looking at Vosteed too, but there are enthusiasts about saying how nice the action is on them, and I agree, but that the action on a Petrified Fish is sublime. I’m going to find out if they're right.

I’ve got a yellow thing going on at the moment.;)

IMG_5290.jpeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE