What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Nightcore Tube 2.0

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Not bought but got as a swap two Mora wood carving knives which I'm rather chuffed with. Arrived yesterday and I fettled them straight away. Ones the kids carver and I removed the guard from it, trimmed the shoulders and tapped the handle down to close the gap up.

20211101_192644.jpg

I've since hot waxed the leather sheath.

Just need to source a cheap or swap Mora 122 and I've filled my carving knife roll. Which won't necessarily stop me.

Atb

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just ordered off ebay for 19.99 with free postage the new Zebra 3 piece Camping Set 2 , should be here Monday. It should nicely fill a need for some thing a bit more heavy duty for open fire / tripod use. I'm hoping one of the zebra lids I already have will fit the smaller pan, it should do.

The larger pan is much more the shape I like to cook in than the tall narrow billies a lot of us have. Worth a try anyway.

Hit the Indian super Market in Accrington yesterday and got a box of 10 8hr tea lights for a quid. These are about twice the depth of the sort that comes withthe ECO mini Lantern, which will raise the flame so the reflector will be better positioned to do its thing. The parafin wax bits just pull out so I'll use some of the cases as moulds to make beeswax versions with slightly thicker wicks. OK they won't burn as long but the flame will give off more light.

Atb

Tom

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
An Umarex Beretta 92fs for the growing CO2 pistol collection!
419.00.02_M92FS_persp_517_400_0.jpg

Once the barrel is leaded it will hopefully be a little more accurate than my other replicas (although the Webley MkVI is pretty good), and as a .177 lead pellet firer it is crucially a touch safer than my metal bb firing replicas for the IPAS (iron plate speed shooting) set up in the garden as re-bounds are less likely. High hopes!

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
A rather lovely Elliot Brown Canford watch which I'm incredibly pleased with!
Look out for my sales post of Citizen and Bostock watches to cover the cost
d94226be8ecbafaebee48bf16349af58.jpg

Sent from Somerset using magic

I have one of these , bomb proof and they donate something to mountain rescue.,!
They do a Land Rover one now also but I have way to many watches, hmmm well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
419.00.02_M92FS_persp_517_400_0.jpg

Once the barrel is leaded it will hopefully be a little more accurate than my other replicas (although the Webley MkVI is pretty good), and as a .177 lead pellet firer it is crucially a touch safer than my metal bb firing replicas for the IPAS (iron plate speed shooting) set up in the garden as re-bounds are less likely. High hopes!

So which ones have you tried or owned?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

Yep, I've taken to firing with the target at a slight angle; those pellets hurt even through clothing!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
So which ones have you tried or owned?
I've got an Umarex Glock17 Gen 4 - very realistic, good blow back, but rather inaccurate. A Webley MKVI revolver - in .177 pellet - and an 'aged' finish - very nice actually, and quite accurate. An umarex Walther PPK - bb, blowback - not hugely accurate, but as a very small pistol with a strong kick its great fun. An umarex Luger P08 (blockback) - fun, and curious, but gets through the gas very quickly so not used much. A Colt 1911 ('swiss arms' branded, but made by KWC) - brilliant, strong blowback, surprisingly accurate, and economical on the gas. And now the Beretta. It seems rather a lot now i've written that down!

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
We went shopping today, and I bought:

1. A pair of Hoggs waxed cotton leggings/chap-type things in olive green. They should survive a lot longer than old pairs of plasticky overtrousers.

2. A waxed cotton bucket hat in olive green. My old MTP bucket hat fell out of my only pocket somewhere in large area of game crop on Monday…..

3. A tin of Hoggs waxed cotton dressing - see items 1 and 2.

4. A Hoggs Field Pro Kincraig waterproof field jacket. Snuggly comfy, quiet and waterproof. Loads of pockets.

5. A Hoggs Field Pro fleece lined check shirt. Very snuggly for the cold weather.

I had promised myself a new field jacket if our local shoot started up again, and I will now avoid being the only beater there in any form of camo, and lacking in pockets. Hopefully this should be enough to stop rainwater being tipped down my neck when pushing through 7 foot high stands of some kind of super kale called ‘Utopia’. My existing stuff will now be used for rabbiting and fishing as required.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE