What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
My birthday is coming up so the boss set me the terrible task of buying my own presents :)
Tenth Wonder Super XL hammock
DD XL tarp
Kelly Kettle Hobo Stove attachment and cook set
and Robin Hartfords Eatweeds Cookbook

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Ukko Hip/belt flask from Finland. :)
34299b.jpg
34299c.jpg

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
...a set of bongo drums. I don't know why, it just happened.

Like anyone else, I can't pass by a set of drums without giving them a little rattle. I was in a charity shop and saw the bongo drums and, in a curious quasi-trance like state purchased them.

It was near the beginning of a day of zombie-esque shopping with my wife. I amused myself by giving her shopping adventures a constant jazzy 'beat poetry' narrative "we're entering the shop now...what will we find there...there's so much to choose from...she's sniffing the candles" complete with bongo accompaniment . After a couple of hours of this she decided she'd had enough so we went home. Two hours is an unusually short shopping trip on an average Saturday. As a result, I think I've now found a use for the bongos...

...I plan to use them as a pillow when I'm sleeping on the floor tonight

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
...a set of bongo drums. I don't know why, it just happened.

Like anyone else, I can't pass by a set of drums without giving them a little rattle. I was in a charity shop and saw the bongo drums and, in a curious quasi-trance like state purchased them.

It was near the beginning of a day of zombie-esque shopping with my wife. I amused myself by giving her shopping adventures a constant jazzy 'beat poetry' narrative "we're entering the shop now...what will we find there...there's so much to choose from...she's sniffing the candles" complete with bongo accompaniment . After a couple of hours of this she decided she'd had enough so we went home. Two hours is an unusually short shopping trip on an average Saturday. As a result, I think I've now found a use for the bongos...

...I plan to use them as a pillow when I'm sleeping on the floor tonight
One cant resist the call of the Bongo.
Bongo_zps3vmtxvse.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My birthday is coming up so the boss set me the terrible task of buying my own presents :)
Tenth Wonder Super XL hammock
DD XL tarp
Kelly Kettle Hobo Stove attachment and cook set
and Robin Hartfords Eatweeds Cookbook

Nice haul :D
Let us know how you get on with the book ? it's on my 'maybe like that' list.

atb,
M

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
A Lansky World Legal slipjoint...

lansky-willumsen-world-legal-knife-1.jpg

The most solid folding knife I've ever owned, really positive 'lock' for a non-locking knife, Really interesting blade shape, think it will really serve me well. Literally shavng sharp out of the box..I now need to explain why I'm missing a patch of forearm fur.

Oh...and a pack of 4 aluminium nesting cups for a little brew out in the big green spaces. I opened the box they came in with my new Lansksy..and everything else that needed 'Lansky'd'.

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
I answered the call of Lidl,
115128_01_f.jpg

Silvercrest Kitchen Tools Vacuum Sealer £24.99

Saving up for a dehydrator next... hoping my own dried meals will turn out better than the shop ones.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I bought a Primus no 5 of tradera.com (swedish ebay)...well in my hand it turned out to be an Optimus no 5 S...it was roughly £10...and it doesnt work :)
DSC_0109_zps5y4m6eoo.jpg

Needs som work...
DSC_0114_zpsshyoybnz.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE