What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Two carrier bags of leather off cuts. Thin upholstery leather, and theres some wacky colours in among the greys blacks and browns but should be fine for pouch making etc. Grand sum of 99p!
2e2abaju.jpg

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
Yesterday I bought (got paid again) an angle head flashlight, pseudo-army that uses AA batteries and a canteen cup stand. Both are Chinese. the canteen cup stand is to set a metal canteen cup in and heat with some kind of fuel tablet like Esbit fuel. Inverted, it slips over the bottom of the cup. I got the flashlight because I was tired of the dinky ones I've used for the last 30 years, perfectly satisfactory though they may have been. Total cost $18.00.

I also bought yet another Victorinox Swiss Army knife, the "Swiss Army Gardener." Total $19.99. One blade.

I've been spending a lot of money lately.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
20M dyneema 3mm cord. 5 abseiling rings. and another 8 line loks - my 1st 8 weren't enough.

I'm revisiting my tarp and hammock suspension system - to make a more adjustable and lighter setup.

Got a package in the mail yesterday! Ordered a couple of things from MEC for attempting to winter camping.

20140121_192947.jpg

20140121_193007.jpg

UCO candle lantern kit for a little extra heat in the tent, and some warm light.

20140121_192737.jpg

Foam pad for a little extra R value under my Thermarest all season Neoair.

20140121_193054.jpg

2 little zipper thermometers. Figured it would be cool to have one outside and one inside to see what kind of temp difference there is in the tent.

20140121_202607.jpg

A cheap HDPE Nalgene bottle for sleeping bag peeing :) Never done this before, but the thought of getting out to pee in -10C makes me want to try.

And last but not least...

photo1.jpg

A MEC Phoenix -12 Hybrid sleeping bag. 60% synthetic insulation, and 40% down insulation. It was a good price, and I liked the arguments for hybrid insulation.

The wife said I looked like a carrot :)

photo3.jpg

Seems very roomy and warm. Most people say that -12C rating is only a 3 season bag, but here in Newfoundland it doesn't get much colder than that in winter. On really cold days it might MIGHT go down to -15 or -20 in the coldest regions. I figured this bag, and a wool blanket would be more than enough for me.

I plan on doing an overnight this weekend as part of my night a month challenge for this year, and testing out some of this gear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE