What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Got a Woolpower Long John today. But it's way too small. I have a Woolpower shirt in XS and it fits fine, so I ordered them in XS, too. But no way I fit into these! After having a look at their sizing chart I realized that I need an M. Luckily I can return them and get the right size!

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Ordered a couple of things for our woodland friends group today for a series of woodland craft and basic bushcraft events next year.

4 gb wildlife hatchets
GB outdoor axe
Finn Garrick 4ft 2 man saw
Frontier stove
Frontier stove water heater
4 Mora clippers
Ben Orford large flat crook knife
Ray Illes 10" froe
2 Ray Illes Mike Abbott pat draw knives
Ashley Illes pole lathe chisel set
Ben Orford bowl turning set

It's gonna feel like Christmas in a few days!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ordered a couple of things for our woodland friends group today for a series of woodland craft and basic bushcraft events next year.

4 gb wildlife hatchets
GB outdoor axe
Frontier stove
4 Mora clippers
Ray Illes 10" froe

Ooh I wish they were coming to my house!

I received my rivers west field pro smock and ordered my Mors Pot a few days ago :).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

4 gb wildlife hatchets
GB outdoor axe
Frontier stove
4 Mora clippers
Ray Illes 10" froe

Wow! some primo kit there, you will be a happy bunny. Remember, there must be pictures or it didn't arrive!:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Happy happy happy. There'll be pictures, oh yes.
I'll probably be trying out the stove over the winter. Many times.

Have a frontier stove for my Tipi and LOVE it. Great to come back to on a driech day in the woods with an already warm kettle waiting for a brew! Next trip we're trying anthracite cobbles for a overnight burn test. Just need to look out an old grate plate to put inside. Let us know what you think of the water jacket too! Not sure on it's usefulness for just two folk yet over a kettle, though for groups it seems ideal.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Have a frontier stove for my Tipi and LOVE it. Great to come back to on a driech day in the woods with an already warm kettle waiting for a brew! Next trip we're trying anthracite cobbles for a overnight burn test. Just need to look out an old grate plate to put inside. Let us know what you think of the water jacket too! Not sure on it's usefulness for just two folk yet over a kettle, though for groups it seems ideal.

We have a fronteir aswell, great little stove served us and our Tentipi well!

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Swanndri Ranger Shirt (£79.99)

TYVstm0.png

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Brand new pouch for the prismatic compass I bought when 13 (for £5 ), 31 years back, for £2.09 in a charity shop and a as new ajungilak compression bag for £1.95, score!

image_zps22c8aad8.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tombear, that's a proper explorers case for your compass. Reminds me of the gear that you see in books that belonged to folks who "Found" places and great rivers. Nice, have to show a picture of you compass in it. It would be nice.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Tombear, that's a proper explorers case for your compass. Reminds me of the gear that you see in books that belonged to folks who "Found" places and great rivers. Nice, have to show a picture of you compass in it. It would be nice.

just call me Dora...

this do you?

image_zps77a6dd08.jpg

Its a 1943 Mk III. The bubble in it has got so big that it needs sorting, I guess it will cost some. I used it a lot in the 1980s when I was doing a lot of walking on the moors where it really helped being able to take seriously accurate bearings. I've also got the lads great grandads WWI prismatic.

atb

tom

Ps
Found some interesting info on refilling a prismatic on the Milsurps forum.

Last edited:

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Meet Aspen the newest member of the Forest Knights team. She is a 2 week old Spanidor. Springer Lab X.

She will be ready to leave her Mum just in time for Christmas.

Way too cute, not going to let the Boss or Daughter see that piccie. Although I am struggling to think of a cross that would produce a more mental animal, possibly genetically engineer
in some hyperactive hummingbird?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE