What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I got a great score in the charity shop today - a lovely Magee donegal tweed country jacket with a good leather collar, not a sports jacket type of thing but a button-up-to-the-neck proper job, I've wanted one for years but couldn't swallow the price, must have cost someone a lot of bugs bunny, and it's like new! I had it for £40 so I'm pleased as punch! ................atb mac

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
I have not been able to access this thread for ages for some strange reason :dunno:

I won't list everything I've bought since I last posted on here, but some recent highlights include:

Online Purchases

Surplus Raw Vintage Windbreaker jacket - As sported by CV dissembler Dave Canterbury - has proven to be both warm and waterproof.
BG OG Survivor Trousers - £25 for a new pair, could not resist - the long length of a supposedly short leg and awkward security pocket zip aside, cracking keks.
Polish Lavvu - Ideal for meets and wood carving in the garden out of the rain.
BCB OG 25L Day Sack - I was toying with getting a mini ALICE, then saw one of these, new with tags for a tenner, would have rude not to buy it.
Bota Waterbottle - I am slowly assembling a collection of differently shaped waterbottles, this one is rather cool, if a little awkward to pack
Waterproof French Respirator Bag - I have the canvas version and it is a really handy summer shoulder bag, saw one of these for £3.50, no brainer really.
Swiss Volcano Stove - I am also assembling a collection of stoves, think I'll just be using this one when wood carving in the Lavvu

Bushcraft(Pound)land Bargains - at a pound a pop, where is the harm in having a punt?

Fluorescent Guy Ropes (pack of 4) x 2 - As good as more expensive guy lines.
Fluorescent Ground Stakes (pack of 6) x 2 - Only good for soft ground, but they do glow.
Expandable Cloths (pack of 6) - Not tired these yet, but could be a handy space saver.
Equipment Cleaning Fluid x 2 - It isn't Nikwax, but it is ok.
Tent, Equipment and Clothing Reproofing Spray x 2 - As above.
Boot Reproofing Spray x 2 - Have tried this on an old pair of Merrills, will know if it is any good in the morning.
New Fancy Design Head Torch - Ok as a spare.
Hard Plastic Folding Waterbottle - Nice idea, but not so good
Jute Hanging Basket Liner - A lazy man's char cloth

Surplus and other every day store purchase

German Cold Weather Hat - Certainly keeps my head warm, but not a hat for the fashion concious.
Reversible Softie Trousers - I may look like a small, round MC Hammer when I were them, but by jove they are warm and a bit of a bargain at a fiver
Golden Hexi Stove with Pot Stabilizer & 8 Tabs - Less faffing about trying to balance a metal mug and just £2. I got two.
Several 'Look What I Found" pouch meals - These tend to be tasier than Wayfare meals and when I saw them at a pound a pop, they were good to pass up.
Spicy Beanfeast - 3 for a pound, need I say more?

I'll just post a given day's purchase from this point forward :D

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
I got an ESEE 5 and a Fallkniven F1 (Micarta). A happy day :)

gebepu8a.jpg

e2esege8.jpg

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
A love it or leave it Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Knife,the new one with a better steel, full exposed tang and fine edge, actually brought a few days ago but still in transit from the States, and a Becker BK16 I intend to strip and convex when it arrives.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Nothing exciting.. Got the mora`s which arrivefand filed the back square.

New purchase..... Walking pole to try and a folding saw..never thought of getting one but at £2.49 i thought worth a shot. Both from Aldi

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Found a Primaloft jacket for 40 EUR plus shipping at Landsend. Couldn't resist...!

And today I got a pair of black Vivobarefoot NeoTrail shoes. :lmao:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Struck it lucky at a Vide Grenier (French Boot fair) today with five axe heads, tomahawk heads. I also got two gouges as well.

I also bought myself a French Army issue inflatable pillow. These are presumably to be used for patients laying on stretchers.

Also nabbed the book "Ice Cold In Alex" for a read later.

A stainless steel Ikea sink drainer for yet another hobo stove. Got that for 35p (equivalent in UK currency)

But the best deal was a double-sided 3inch x 2 inch x 3/4 inch slab of what I think is a Japanese water-stone. One side is cream coloured and the other a chocolate brown and both surfaces have grey marks as if it's had steel run over the surface. Both surfaces are flat thankfully. I'll get some pictures of this at a later date for wiser heads here to help me to confirm what they are. It's definitely a mineral of some type and I'm thinking was used to hone a straight razor, because I also got a shaving strop with what looks like the same mineral on either side of it thrown in to sweeten the deal for the princely sum of £1.20 (UK price equivalent)

Came home rather pleased with myself.... smug even. I like me bargains, me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE