What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just had this drop through the letter box :)

31FFUbxk1DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Dehydrator from amazon can't wait to make my own jerky

Recipes welcome.....

Good spoonful of Dunns River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, generous splashes of Soy and Worcestershire sauces. Leave in the fridge overnight then dry. Not for the spice shy though, the Dunns River stuff has a pretty good kick :campfire:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I didn't buy it today, but thanks to the company I got it from not updating my order status, which apparently shipped the day after I placed the order but was lost in the post I got it today only 3 months and 1 week after it was placed. It's a Condor Village Parang.

I've wanted a parang for years and years that I can use and abuse in British woodland. For £44.99 its perfect. It's really nicley finished, nice smooth handle and nice convex grind, which could do with a sharpen to get it to how I like my edged tools.

I'd read and seen videos of the sheath failing so I always had the intention to make a better sheath, looking at it no question I'm going to as moving the rotating belt loop it screams of imminent failure as it feels pretty starined. It looks like your classic Condor sheath though, passable, as the money went on the blade.

Only out the box so far I'm very happy with it. Time to go and order some 3 or 4 mm leather.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Last year I found a bloke selling a giant sized box full of these for only a £1.00 per pair. The stunk a bit so I only bought the one pair. It washed up brilliantly and looked and felt brand new afterwords. I wished I had bought the entire box full now I know how much people are paying for them!
I paid £20 for mine, really rare. The only other pair I could find we're on eBay and sold for over £30. I hope there good.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Just bought myself another Highlander 45L Rucksack in O.G , As my eldest lad " borrowed " the other to do his D of E training this weekend.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi All
just come back from Haslinden carboot with a B&D set for £10, not used much at all

BD01_zps9f87a0cd.jpg

I need to replace the plug but the stall opposite had UK made three pin plugs for 25 p each.

The hand grinder was a pound, any one knows where to get a cheap stone for it, something that will work at low speeds? and the Victoronix knife was 2 but needs the cork screw bending back in line.

The B&D drill to fit are usually sold for under a fiver, so far Ive paid no more than 2 for a drill on its own. Exterior condition seams to be a good indicator of how worn out it is or isn't.

Incidentally I pick up old rolling pins for pence usuually and they make ideal preprepared bits for turning stuff like priests, nostepinnes when your learning.

A few months back I picked up a unused drill press for peanuts in a charity shop

BD02_zps3e2f27f4.jpg

and a few years back a lathe bed for £14 i think, still looking for the doohicky they made for making a drill variable speed, only seen them as part of sets so far.

LatheReady-1_zpscf19181a.jpg

My point being you can get basic tools for very little if you are prepared to put in the time looking.

Good hunting!

Tom

PS Herself got me the chisels, ordered their most basic set and got one much nicer than we had expected! Must have been out of the basic ones. As far as I know that one was for sale in the US only at the time. Mind you a few weeks later I picked up a set on Bolton Flea market for 10 that cleaned up nice, not been sharpened just a layer of surface rust that polished off.

Chiselsbeingdone-1_zps4176a0c4.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE