Selling gear is a real loss ....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
If you really believe that, you need to reread this thread... if you reckon me sticking an actual wall in the middle of my lounge to house my DVD collection gained me any favour with my other half, you're either eternally optimistic or unaware of the 'lady rules the lounge' rule! :p

excellent!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
i wish id stuck to keeping to what i need as opposed to what i think i need. Just lost the bulk of my gear that was in storage to Saturdays flood. .....an expensive and humbling lesson
0363ca4956e749874a20fa5c33ca27af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
were managing thanks Robbi , hope your well ?
fortunately it stopped 20ft from the rv door. thats the entrance to our yard. the bodies on the left have only just been put there and werebjust an inch out of the water.

my gaffa has lost alot of stock and i still cant get to my storage body. thats full of our camping gear , summer clothes , onaments etc. its only a luton body...everything will be ruined apart from my canvas tarp and bag. theres numoirous stoves bags kip bags blankets leather skins and odds and ends....it was 5ft deep. we were pumping for hours yesterday and will be pumping all day today. heres the fields opposite us....

c03dff0fa99744ffe025a237aea75b44.jpg

preety.....preety destructive. ...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...i wish id stuck to keeping to what i need as opposed to what i think i need. Just lost the bulk of my gear that was in storage to Saturdays flood. .....an expensive and humbling lesson..."

Bad news, I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as you expect, the pictures don't look good though. :(

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
i wish id stuck to keeping to what i need as opposed to what i think i need. Just lost the bulk of my gear that was in storage to Saturdays flood. .....an expensive and humbling lesson
0363ca4956e749874a20fa5c33ca27af.jpg

Sorry to hear that Chis, hope some of it is salvageable.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I feel for you and la the others affected by this, we've been flood through the hose twice couple of feed flowing through like a river, an interesting experience. But, my chainsaw still worked when i pulled it out of the murky water where it had sat for a day, so all good :D

Hope things clear soon and the clean up's not too bad

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hell Chis, are you guys OK ?

Bad news, I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as you expect, the pictures don't look good though. :(

Sorry to hear that Chis, hope some of it is salvageable.

I feel for you and la the others affected by this, we've been flood through the hose twice couple of feed flowing through like a river, an interesting experience. But, my chainsaw still worked when i pulled it out of the murky water where it had sat for a day, so all good :D

Hope things clear soon and the clean up's not too bad

cheers gents. thank you and others for your thoughts. been flat out pumping and digging . down to a couple of feet now and hopefully just puddles in morning. worst is i cant make time to get my gear out and wash service and air dry .....including my lefty....that will be a hard hit to take .

it is what it is....mother has humbled me again....i will learn....Thank You all again .

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Bummer Chris. Only just clocked this, not good news at all. As the others say I hope its not as bad as you fear. Stay safe.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Bummer Chris. Only just clocked this, not good news at all. As the others say I hope its not as bad as you fear. Stay safe.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.
not had time to go through it yet...it doesnt look pretty though
c0127bd6b0b277aa8066318908eaf7f8.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE