Selling gear is a real loss ....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
I'm a magpie for gucci gear and collect a lot of kit often because 'I like' rather than 'need' ... the missus is giving me grief that I have far too much 'stuff' but honestly speaking I struggle to bring myself to get rid. Kit for all eventualities & what-if's but recognise the reality of actually putting it to use is far far less than my imagination thinks. I doubt (hope!) I am not alone here guys, what do you do with boys toys that are maybe surplus to requirements as I struggle to let go and reluctant to sell 'just incase'... a touch of OCD I wonder?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
In my case it is films.... I have hundreds of VHS tapes that are stacked in a cupboard and I have a custom wall I've built in the centre of our lounge to house my DVD collection... each shelf holds at least 100 DVDs... the floor to ceiling approach hasn't worked because I ran out of space earlier this year, so I've started stacking them behind the television, on my desk, on the window sill... pretty much anywhere I can stack them on a flat surface.

Briefly I thought digital copies would be the answer, but I've now got that many in my Flicks account that they've become hard to search through.

It is impossible to throw any of them away as I know I can not replace certain ones ever again... especially some of my original VHS tapes... they were hard enough to get a hold of back when they were new, let alone now 30 years later!

I've recently developed a new 'like'... now my lounge looks like a leather shop :eek:

That gives me an idea though.... leather cases for my DVDs and VHSs!!! :D

Last edited:

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Phew glad I'm not alone lol. That'll be a club of 2+ then Robbi - can only get better eh ;-)

Get enough in the same boat I can make a strong case to the wife hahaha...

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Dewi you have made me feel so much better mate! ;-)

And I haven't even mentioned my bottle collection, guitar collection or the copious amounts of camping gear I've acquired.... it is my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary next week... have no idea how she has put up with me this long! lol

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
As we used to say in the Navy on payday, 'Thee who dies with the most toys wins!'

And being military of course that'll be the translation of the well known RN latin motto... ;-)

Tibi qui decedit cum maxime uincit toys (I struggled with CSE level 5 at French so latin was off the radar, thankfully google translate came to the rescue).

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
The whole reason for the Forbes List was that Forbes once said "He who dies with the most toys wins."

I reckon he was right, but I'd add...

"He who sets no limits to the most toys overflows"

I don't mind an overflow... its divorce I fear! :eek:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
With the good lady and all her stuff out of the way it leaves more room for your stuff. ;)

(You can tell I live alone right?)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Johnie

Oct 20, 2015
Sunderland
Build a big shed. When that's full. Make it bigger. When that's full. Make it bigger. Then eventually. You will have to live in it

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I reckon Ive spent over £10k on kit. [Which is F:cussing: ridiculous really.] But easily done. I cant be alone? It might be substantially more for all I know....I dont like to think about it. :rolleyes:

I thought the title was gonna be 'loss leader..' Cause you always lose money when you sell something on.

Actually, its not too bad, considering how many years Ive been buying kit I spose....[not to mention thousands on courses, travel etc]

And Ive just taken up shooting.....yipee....:confused:

I need a lottery win.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE