Inari, Finland 2013. Solo recce trip report. Bob goes to Lapland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I do hope you are joking Bob, Look forward to the next installment.

How did you find the evernew. Mine seems a little thirsty on fuel but ive not had a proper play with it yet. Did it bloom quickly at -15?

Bloomed quickly but was a pig to light without a wick. I used tindercard to get it going. It gets through fuel quickly but puts out a lot more heat than a Trangia.

DSC022971.JPG

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Bloomed quickly but was a pig to light without a wick. I used tindercard to get it going. It gets through fuel quickly but puts out a lot more heat than a Trangia.

Yes ive found it to be very powerful. my test boil had a 1.5l eagle kettle boiling like mad in 9 mins. Ive not got the trivet but it didnt seem to matter. Must be that new fangled power plate and the double vents that do the damage.

rg598

Native
Awesome trip report. I can't wait for the other parts.

One thing I do with the dehydrating of meals when it's cold is that I put the water inside the packet and then place it under my jacket. It keeps me warm, and keeps the packet from cooling down too fast. :)

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Awesome trip report. I can't wait for the other parts.

One thing I do with the dehydrating of meals when it's cold is that I put the water inside the packet and then place it under my jacket. It keeps me warm, and keeps the packet from cooling down too fast. :)

I thought about placing them inside my duvet but the consequences of a spill were unthinkable. Even after 10 minutes they were still surprisingly warm.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
The square box on the pipe is probably some kino of spark/soot catcher to prevent sparks to fly out of the pipe and ignite the surrounding woods. Have seen similar devices on old lumberjack barracks and hunting cabins.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Regarding your icy shoes. With that type of shoe, in that temerature, you change to a dry pair of thick wool socks and your shoes on. That keeps the shoes warm, and will even drie them out a little.
Thats a good trick for others if you do not have these type of boots. Change to a dry pair of thick wool socks, then wear your "wet" pair of socks ( assume these are wool too) outide the dry pair. The wet pair will then be dry in the morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE