Most popular style of bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What style of bushcraft knife do you use ?

• Total voters

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
With a missing Antler one bottom left - it is all out of balance..

So sorry, can't resist...

....anyway, antler ones look much better on their own :lmao:

21May20106.jpg

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Much better indeed. Now the order in the Universe is restored. That instructor Woodlore has even a Jedi-sort-of-Halo-glowing-thing going on. :)

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
woodlore clone made by myself! they are a bit bigger than a woodlore I find a larger handle more comfortable for prolonged use. I have a woodlore and its the later type with a bigger handle and its really nice , I also havea wilkie woodlore thats really slim and dose not agree with me (I may sell it some day). The skookum is a great knife but the bevel is a bit fine and can chip when carving. The clones I make have less of a bevel 20 degs ish and stay sharp a lot longer, I am not a fan of expensive 'super steels' 01 looked after and sharpend/stropped properly are more than good enough. I am a big fan of any thing cold steel ,fallkniven and chris reeve althoe they dont carve like a scandi/zero grind knife.

wilt

Dec 4, 2004
Ohio, USA
I voted for a Woodlore Variant. I prefer the Woodlore and Bison Bushcraft knife (Woodlore Variants) followed by the Skookum and Mora's (Full Tang Scandinavian Type knives) followed by the Fallkniven F1 and Bark River knives (Survival Type knives). I am diversified. :D

This is a small sampling of my taste. I also have a load of Mora's which I'm sure you all do as well! Sorry about the quality of the pic below. The knives are coated with Renaissance Wax.

DSCF1509.jpg

Sincerely,
Mark

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I voted for a Woodlore Variant. I prefer the Woodlore and Bison Bushcraft knife (Woodlore Variants) followed by the Skookum and Mora's (Full Tang Scandinavian Type knives) followed by the Fallkniven F1 and Bark River knives (Survival Type knives). I am diversified. :D

This is a small sampling of my taste. I also have a load of Mora's which I'm sure you all do as well! Sorry about the quality of the pic below. The knives are coated with Renaissance Wax.

DSCF1509.jpg

Sincerely,
Mark

Look at those fellas, you are catching up with MartinK9.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Gotta be scandi for me. I have smallish hands and the woodlores feel like i'm holding an elephants leg..... I love my Bison Bushcraft and my Rob Evans Bushtool

wilt

Dec 4, 2004
Ohio, USA
Look at those fellas, you are catching up with MartinK9.

JonathanD, sounds like you and MartinK9 are well acquainted. MartinK9 is a pace setter for sure!

Hello eraaij,
"Ohh - a Bison bushcrafter with a spearpoint! How very nice. Great collection."

Thank you for your comments. The Bison Bushcrafter is a wonderful knife and is quite nimble in the hands. I wanted a junior (smaller alternative) knife to the Woodlore and Roger certainly delivered. We spoke on the phone for some time about the possibilities. I think he instinctively knew what I was looking. He was a pleasure to speak with! He certainly does outstanding work doesn't he!

Sincerely,
Mark

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

DSCF1509.jpg

Sincerely,
Mark

Lovely collection there

JonathanD, sounds like you and MartinK9 are well acquainted. MartinK9 is a pace setter for sure!
Sincerely,
Mark

Jonathan keeps tempting me with the Holy Grail of Woodlores, then he ropes in Andy as well :lmao:

Last edited:

wilt

Dec 4, 2004
Ohio, USA
Love collection there

Thank you. It is missing my latest from AW himself. I just received it last month.

DSCF1834.jpg

Jonathan keeps tempting me with the Holy Grail of Woodlores, then he ropes in Andy as well :lmao:

Is that AndyP you are referring to? I purchased the third WL from the left from him. It is a very old WL which does not have a tapered tang. We spoke on the phone a while discussing the sale and he was a pleasure to speak with. He shipped the knife without delay as well. Very outstanding person to deal with.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE