Most popular style of bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What style of bushcraft knife do you use ?

• Total voters

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I really like the Scandinavian style. Perfect for wood work.

Blade like the Roselli Carpenter are just fantastic in the hand and really light too.

My number one bushcraft knife of choice is the Enzo Trapper scandi grind. I'd class it as a bit of a mixed bag, it's full tang most Scandinavian style arn't, its scandi grind which Scandinavian style and Woodlore style have, its shape is a bit more Scandinavian than Woodlore and lastly it's made in Finland so it is Scandinavian.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I haven't voted yet either. I have a selection of knives and I love them all :)

Everything for a simple swiss army and peasant knife, though to khukri and machetes, there are a number I use more often than not it does depend on what I am doing with it and where I am and what I am doing.
If i am travelling light then I will have a swiss army knife and a mora.
Camping then its possibly a MOD Survival or Khukri and a sheath knife.
On tour SOG seal pup, leatherman wave (normal work tool) & swiss army & and my bayonet.
I have a couple of hunter style sheath knives which are great for skinning and butchering as well as normal camp work.
I am saving up for a custom knife.

For me a knife is a tool and I use them for different types of jobs and for different reasons, some sentimental, some practical but all have their uses and are good for different jobs.
Size and weight and practicality are the reason behind which knife I have with me at what time. On my main bushcraft setups ups I am still trying to make up my mind which is the best and one I am likely to take with me :)
(Custom knife might fit that hole though) :)

Last edited:

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Hi Josh,

Great poll man. What a question for someone who has a few blades for different jobs. My all time favourite is my Allen Blade clone, but I love my puuko and my collection of (full tang) Kukris.My tomahawks do a lot of work too. I suppose a mention of a Kabar and Ontario usaf survival is ok here. My missus adores her small Nessmuk. It is almost the only knife she will use in the kitchen these days, and the only one she is interested in whilst camping.
G

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
After having used a woodlore clone for a few years I lately find myself in many cases reaching for my traditional Sami knife (about 3" blade). It is a bit shorter than I'd really like it, but the more "limber" blade is more handy.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
you cant vote it says Woodlore variant not Woodlore

Nah, he could vote - no mention of clone(s) and he's got most of the Woodlore variants :lmao:

Poll's a bit weighted to scandi's though :lurk:

Woodlore - scandi grind (and full tang)

Scandinavian type - scandi grind

Full tang Scandinavian type - erm ...

:lmao:

I quite like these Dunno why just seem designed and made for me :lmao:

DSP347.jpg

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I think I'm being thick here. "Woodlore style" I can understand but all the other blade type categories mystify me; as a result, I don't feel able to categorise which is my favourite. It's a shame that there's not an "other" category for the bewildered. Anyway, I like the shape of blade found on Rod Garcia's Skookum Bush Tool though how you'd label it, I don't know...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE