Argos Tipi Heads-up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
It was freezing when I put mine up and despite having no people in it overnight a healthy thick layer of ice had formed on the inside by the morning. I think this may be an issue with single skin tents generally though,

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have had a two man Argos tipi for a few weeks now (bought at full price grrr). I've slept in it in showery rain and stayed dry. I've yet to test it in a deluge though so we'll have to see how it copes with that.

Condensation is an issue as with all single skins but I think it might be a bit worse in this than some better ventilated ones. There is a mesh under the cone at the apex but I'm not sure how effective it is at venting the warm air.

Size wise, its perfect for two adults with gear and build quality is pretty good for the price

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi All
I have reserved a 4 man Argos tipi for the grandchildren to use, and am picking it up this afternoon, at half price it seems ok.
Does any one know if they are nylon or canvas skin.

"Have fun shoot a stick"

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Stickbow,

picked the 4 man one up for myself yesterday. The fabric is nylon with a 2000mm hydrostatic head so it should keep alot of rain out. Not had time to erect it yet but hopefull over the weekend.
They are supplied with 32 pegs so i presume thats 16 for the tent and 16 for the guys, alot of bending methinks.:lol:

Jan 22, 2006
uk
argos being what it is, just the though of a tent from them makes me feel like i'm sweating in a big plastic bag!

the golite is a great tent, i would expect the argos thing to be a waste of money. 'hope you prove me wrong if you've got one though.

D

Deleted member 4605

I've just ordered the 2-man version (at half-price) to see what they are like. Worst case the kids will use it in the garden.

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
I just went out and bought one. It's up in my garden as I type. I'm going to let my son have a play in it then take it down. I intend to use it at the Latitude Festival. If the weather is OK. If it's chucking it down I'll use my dome tent (tried and tested in very heavy rain). I don't trust the friend i'm going with from bashing the sides of the tipi and covering me in condensation.

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
Just went and got the 2 man, mainly to take with me as a social place to sit on expeditions as base camp (when it rains). seem very good especially for the money.

Ben

D

Deleted member 4605

Mine arrived today:

You get what you pay for. It really is a basic tent, and it certainly won't be downpour-proof - although a bit more waterproofing and seam sealant might sort that out - but it's small, light, cheap and quick to put up. The kids love it and I'll be trying it overnight soon.

There was a D-ring missing from one strap though. Easily replaced, and easier than taking it back.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
D

Deleted member 4605

I bought some seam sealer to give my 2-man a helping hand, but then I discovered that most of the internal seams are already taped. The only ones not sealed are the join to the maroon skirt, and a few around the windows.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE