Argos axe Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers for the heads-up Martin :)

A pal of mine was looking for something cheap for stuff at home, I'll let him know.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
These are great little axes and at that price an absolute bargain. I have just asked a mate to pick me 5 up. I would advise only buy if either you are looking for a cheap kindling splitter, or if you have a grinder or good file and know how to create new bevels.

They come very blunt and rounded at the edge which is perfect for kindling splitting but if you file away a lot of metal to create a nice 25-30 degree beveled edge and then go down through the grits with emery paper, wetstones or whatever you use then you end up with a really very good carving axe for £3.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I agree with Robin. They are good steel and hold a good edge once you put one on :D. The head is a good weight and the handle fills the hand well.

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
Thanks for the heads up. I've just reserved one to pick up tomorrow. Never really used an axe before, used a saw for most purposes I need, but I figure for £3 it's a good way to learn something new. Guess I better start reading up on axe care/usage now... oh and first aid too. :D

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Pah. I'm off to South Wales tmorrow and have tried reserving one in most stores en route with no success.

Must be a lot of bushcrafters out there !

Richard

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Managed to reserve once near my in-laws but won't be there till Tuesday. Hoping I'll be able to re-reserve a couple of times without anyone poaching it until I can get there!

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
I checked all stores within 30 miles of me and none of them have one in stock :/

Im not paying £5 to have it delivered either.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
If none of your local stores has them in stock you can order one online and pick it up from your store when it comes in :)
That's what Ive done it doesn't cost you anything to order it :)

cheers Russ

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I checked all stores within 30 miles of me and none of them have one in stock :/

Im not paying £5 to have it delivered either.

£8 is still a bargain.:rolleyes:

just reserved one myself. im sure it will come in handy when i take my mates camping.

andy

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
If none of your local stores has them in stock you can order one online and pick it up from your store when it comes in :)
That's what Ive done it doesn't cost you anything to order it :)

cheers Russ

I tried that but couldn't seem to find how to do it? I'll try again.

UPDATE: Cheers, it seemed to work differently now! Got meself one ordered for pick up next week :)

Last edited:

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Thanks for this heads up - will be collecting three of these (one for me and one for each of my boys) on Saturday, for under nine quid!! BARGAIN! :)

Dave

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Just ordered myself another one from a different store in Worthing to pick up today.
Ain't I lucky, or should that be greedy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE