Greenheat backpack stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:D :lmao: "I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnoI hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! I hate firesnot! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Is that enough BR.........:D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Greg :D

mentalnurse. One of the words in "Green Heat" is a lie. And its Green.

Red

Oh Bikething - have an invisible pixie point :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Actually I find the greenheat Tangia fuel cells useful - and I guess the backpacking stove would work just as well.
When heating beeswax for leather treatment you need a slow heat that will not boil the wax in any circumstances. The greenheat proved ideal for this in my workshop (totally still warmish conditions) as it burned steadily warmed the wax evenly and never got it anywhere near boiling.
As a cooker - carp!

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Actually I find the greenheat Tangia fuel cells useful - and I guess the backpacking stove would work just as well.
When heating beeswax for leather treatment you need a slow heat that will not boil the wax in any circumstances. The greenheat proved ideal for this in my workshop (totally still warmish conditions) as it burned steadily warmed the wax evenly and never got it anywhere near boiling.
As a cooker - carp!

Hmmm. John, I have never used it as a Carp Cooker. Would it be alright cooking Pike or Trout? :lmao:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Well, if its reccomended by the DoE

(I have no like of the DoE and their standardisation.)

I think that may be because it's practically impossible to boil a decent amount of water over one, thus making the Health & Safety obsessives happy even if only for a short while. :lmao:

I bought a couple of the tins a while back and ended up using it as a fire-starter.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Argos.co.uk said:
# This stove uses organic gel from sugar cane and is, therefore, eco friendly, non toxic, non spill, odourless and safe.

# The fuel is recommended by the Duke of Edinburgh's Award as their approved camping fuel.

# Eco friendly, organic and non toxic, non spill.

I wonder how eco-schmeco friendly it is to ship sugar cane products? Or is it made from domestic sugar canes? :lmao: How would this "fire-snot" compare to the readily available, non energy demanding, climate neutral and nice smelling fuel known as, hrm, wood?

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Not to mention the vast tracks of land dug up and set aside for a mono-culture of sugar cane. Bit like the problem with 'eco' palm oil.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
But the DoE shouldnt be reccomending a product that is not only naff, it doesnt do what it says on the tin....

If they want to get young people outdoors they should be suggesting decent products that do the job.

You wouldnt kit out your kids with inferior kit, would you?

I have no time for the DoE and their `do this, do that, do the other`

The sort of kids who want to do the DoE are full of their own initiative anyway, it should be structured round that.

(Tengu had no time for the DoE when young, though she agreed with the basic principle, and feels the same now)

Anyone involved with the DoE want to refute this? Im sure it serves `some` purpose

(and what do our sensible friends in the World of Scouting think of fire snot?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE