Argos got Teepees

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Whats the point in tipis anyway? theres no room in them and they make you look like a hippy.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Whats the point in tipis anyway? theres no room in them and they make you look like a hippy.

because they are cool ( ok i do realise that by saying they are cool instantly makes them uncool but i am old so please forgive me :p )
you can have a fire in them
they stand out in a crowd on a campsite
they stand up to really bad weather (when pitched properly)
they are dead easy to put up and take down
there is tons of room inside them
You can stand up in them
not many people in the uk have them
and of all the tents I have I love my tipi the best as when ever I see it up it just makes me smile.

Anyway whats wrong with being a hippy?

Greg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Not many people in the UK have them...Now that Argos are selling them that wont be true for long.

And a hippy, oh, but you havent met the hippies I know.

(I quite like them, when they are off the drugs, though in several examples that is a physical impossibility)

Anyway, I like gers, but I doubt they are easy to erect, nor are they cheap

(we have a local company Turkomen gers)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
because they are cool ( ok i do realise that by saying they are cool instantly makes them uncool but i am old so please forgive me :p )

At least you didn't say they're hip ;)

you can have a fire in them

Maybe a candle would be more appropriate in the Argos ones :D

they stand out in a crowd on a campsite
they stand up to really bad weather (when pitched properly)
they are dead easy to put up and take down
there is tons of room inside them

You can stand up in them

Only when you're the nominated tent-pole for the night :D

not many people in the uk have them

Not for long

and of all the tents I have I love my tipi the best as when ever I see it up it just makes me smile.

Now that's the best reason yet.

Anyway whats wrong with being a hippy?

Birkenstocks and Quorn

Greg

I have to add, I've just ordered the small two man version :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not many people in the UK have them...Now that Argos are selling them that wont be true for long.

And a hippy, oh, but you havent met the hippies I know.

(I quite like them, when they are off the drugs, though in several examples that is a physical impossibility)

Anyway, I like gers, but I doubt they are easy to erect, nor are they cheap

(we have a local company Turkomen gers)

My little Hex tipi pitches quicker than a tarp and hammock, and the big ones are easy to pitch on your own as well

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Yet again I have to ask

whats wrong with birkenstocks ?

I love my pair. they are soooooooooo comfy :p. They just might be relegated now that I have another pair of teva's. But I will be getting another pair for the summer as they are bomb proof and I can walk for miles in them. My last pair i got brand new a week before I went to the edinburgh comedy festival and walked miles and miles and miles around the festival every day for the time I was there and not one blister or sore feet at all. They are still going strong 2 years on.
Dont knock them just becasue certain "people" wear them.;)

Now quorn is an abomination and should be banned :naughty:

Greg

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Yet again I have to ask

whats wrong with birkenstocks ?

I love my pair. they are soooooooooo comfy :p. They just might be relegated now that I have another pair of teva's. But I will be getting another pair for the summer as they are bomb proof and I can walk for miles in them. My last pair i got brand new a week before I went to the edinburgh comedy festival and walked miles and miles and miles around the festival every day for the time I was there and not one blister or sore feet at all. They are still going strong 2 years on.
Dont knock them just becasue certain "people" wear them.;)

Now quorn is an abomination and should be banned :naughty:

Greg

Comfortable shoes and Edinburgh eh? Hmmm, I can see this conversation heading the same direction as Singeblister's DPM cod-piece. :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've make real cod-pieces :rolleyes: ask Eric ;)
DPM is no bother :lmao:

and, Oi !! I like Quorn :eek:

and I like my Argos Tipi.
It's easy to put up, lots of room, dry (if I remember the half brick :rolleyes: ) and it actually blends in quite well. :D

I realy liked the geodesic dome I borrowed for Loch Tay though.....more kit, and I doubt I'll sneak that one past HWMBLT without a lot of persuasion :(

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
D'oh :eek: ....it's the Argos mini tent and the Millets tipi......I need to engage brain before tapping the keys :rolleyes:

Sorry for the muddle,
Toddy

cug69

Mar 22, 2007
UK
I'm quite tempted, but does anyone know what the quality's like??

Are they cotton or nylon?

Do they come with the required half a house brick?! ;~)........well it is Argos

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Got the two man at the weekend, set it up and spent a very comfortable first night in it.

Fly is made of polyester which looks OK although I have worries about how waterproof it will be. The two zipped doors protected by a flimsy velcro flap look particularly vulnerable to leaks. I plan to take a poncho with me which I can tie over it for added protection if the weather looks dodgy.

Plenty of ventilation with two windows as well as the doors. I didn't get any condensation .

It looks reasonably secure with the guys integral to the pitching so should be quite stable in winds.

And there is plenty of room for two plus gear inside.

All in all it seems not a bad buy for £40 but time will tell.

One slight disappointment is the weight. Its a bit heavy, although by replacing the pole with a wooden walking staff and using a lighter groundsheet and lighter pegs, you can cut it down quite a bit. The canopy alone weighs 1.5kg.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE