what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Bump.

Whilst doing some clearing out I actually found my first knife in an old metal tin. My dad gave it to me when I was about 7, I carried it with me everywhere and I remember knocking up spears, dens and all sorts with it. It's not a fancy knife nor a expensive branded jobby but I loved it!

So here it is..a cheap chinese SAK type thing with a broken off cork screw. ;)

FKB1.jpg

FKO1.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi Red, thanks for posting those knives. I'd never heard of Trevor Ablett but I'm interested now as my wife's family is from the Sheffield area and her mother was called Ablett before she married. I'm going to try to find out if she is any relation.

The knives on his website look rather good too.

i usually carry a spyderco persistance and a vic rambler in the keychain when in the city, and a vic farmer and some fixed blade , some custom made or a fallkniven f1

btw about the non stabber balisong, you should check Martin Onetto's ones ;)

img_11_mariposa_aluminio.jpg

I am thinking about getting one for myself, still have to check what options does he have such as steels and handle materials. the only thing i don't like much is that are hollow ground i would prefer a plain one.

Esteban

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
normal_Knifes.jpg

Yes I know only the Bowie is legal. I collected them over the years before all the new knife laws. Used to have a switchblade as well but took it apart one day to see how it worked and the springs flew out and it never worked again. I also have a couple of Pen knifes but cant remember where they are at present.

Last edited:

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
as much as I'm a sharps-a-holic, I don't really carry that many of them.

2011-05-06163359.jpg

the Sypderco Native lives in my bushie backpack, so it doesn't get out very often :(

The Karesuando Boar, Leatherman Surge, and Boker+ Gnome all live in my bimble bag (Snugpak response pack knock off...) which I carry most of the time if I'm just out for the afternoon

the only true EDC are the Spyderco UKPK lightweight, and Wenger EvoGrip 10, living in my work bag, and on my keys respectively!

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
S6300311.jpg

These are my pocket pals - SAK Soldier or BAK are my EDC, Peasant I use at work when cooking, SAK Rucksack for use in garden and sharpening rod always at hand.

Magentus

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
I've tidied the scales up a bit; rounded them off at the edges and taken the pointy back bit off. I haven't touched the blade yet but I'm thinking of either new scales or making it a fixed blade, but it's such a nice user I don't want to wreck it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE