what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
this is my set

MyEDC.jpg

friction folder and another small fixed blade will be joining them soon :D

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
IMG00153-20110508-1941.jpg

stanleys are for work, grenade knife... well i liked the look of it! :p

Recently had my gear nicked so i sold my 3 best vintage folders to replace some kit- they wernt being used but i liked the look of them

Thinking of ordering a british clasp knife and svord peasent knife, also have a crkt and fixed blade coming from swaps :)

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
When out and about with work I have a Gerber Diesel; if out on a hike, ditto Maddave (a utilitarian piece of beauty :))...otherwise I don't carry

Cheers
Sack

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Like I said already I carry a SAK huntsman in a belt pouch everyday but I'm going to order the Svord peasant knife I mentioned in another thread tomorrow..and I'm wondering if carrying both is a bit silly?

The Svord does open one handed but I don't think It could replace my SAK and it's many multi functions..

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
1hA3c.jpg

Left one is my latest purchase, it has almost everything I need.

The middle one I got in high school. It still has some things that can't be replaced like the awl and tweezers. Never oiled it and still works like a charm.

Right one is a hollow-grind random locking folder. Use it only for work around the house.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
My new EDC folder: Strider PT. Is the smallest Strider knife up there, here any specs:
Overall Length: 6.50"
Blade Length: 2.87"
Blade Thickness: 0.125"
Blade Material: CPM-S30V Powder Steel (Stainless)
Lock: Frame Lock
Closed Length: 3.63"
Handle Material: G10 and Titanium
Clip: Titanium
Weight: 2.50 oz.
Country of Origin: USA
A lanyard hole would be welcome, but who care? I found this little knife just perfect for my needs, and love how he show clearly is “tacticool” face!
Ciao,
Alfredo

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Photo is actually my geocaching kit, but it shows my 2 EDC opinels (the tiny one is a #3 the medium a #6) (the #6 has had the lock ring removed although this gets replaced when I am on camp and thus have a good reason

gc_kit.jpg

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Don't really have that many knifes, but each one tends to serve it's purpose.

This is pretty much all my knifes.

IMG_8764.jpg

For every day use i tend to always have me Skeletool with me.
Not really to fussed about having a knife, but the screwdrivers and pliers/wire cutters have come in handy no end of times.

IMG_8779.jpg

If i'm out on a day hike i'll swap it for me charge TTi, as the TTi comes with a wood saw.

IMG_8780.jpg

If i'm out over night then i'll take my Mora Neverlost

IMG_8789.jpg

At work i usually carry a work knife, it's handy because it's automatic opening.

IMG_8774.jpg

Lastly i have a cheap crappy Ram G-10B knife for fishing, so it's not the end of the world if i drop it overboard or it gets ruined by the salt water.
Only a cheap knife but it's still holding up fairly well after 7 years odd of abuse (apart from the bent tip).

IMG_8768.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE