what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
ah ok, stops the blade tip getting snapped off then? saying that i thought i was going to be blinded the other day, had a tiny piece of wood fire into my eye while carving some dry wood..thought it was the tip of my blade, was pretty horrible.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
looks nice mate, do you have a few favourites then?

Probably more than a few. :) But here are a few...

bose_tribal_spear1b.jpg

tony_bose_whittler1b.jpg

kutmaster1b.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
well out of all this i have scattered around shelfs and drawers,...

IMG00851-20110315-2046.jpg

this gets more pocket time then any ,...its a Kershaw OD-2,..

od2.jpg

this is on my keys,..i took it off the G I O thread a few weeks ago,....its a Vic Spartan

IMG00846-20110312-1741.jpg

Cheers

Stu

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
@ Hetzen: I have never been a huge fan of multi tools such as these, I have always preferred to carry an SAK as they are imo far better, I just never have a use for a large pair of pliers which these kind of multi tools always have.

I get what you're saying, a lot of them are large, and the smaller ones you wouldn't want to put too much force on them. This tool is just 7.5 cm long, and probably 1.5 times the width of a pen knife. The pliers from hilt to tip are 42mm. So it's far from massive. The blades are a sensible selection. And the built in torch is actualy pretty bright for a 6v LED. Also the return spring for the pliers is not exposed, like a lot of cheapos where they are prone to pop out with a lateral knock. I think it's very well designed, and tough. There are star bolts holding everything together, which would allow you to take it all apart if you wanted.

SAM_0109.jpg

Just the other day I wanted to take the metal tag off a zip and pull some paracord through the zipper eye, the cord being slightly larger than the slot. It was easy to cut the metal, twist it to pull off, then bight the cord to pull through. I'm sure you could do that with a SAK, but with this it was very easy.

The grab point is right at the tip, so they also double up as tweazers, and the bite width allows you to get at up to 20mm bolts. They're also usefull to pick up hot items too, like just spent meths burners.

I've been given/bought a few cheap multi tools over the years. This one is definately my favourite. It's almost jewelry to look at and hold. 8)

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
and i was reluctant to show my butterfly knife !!

the 2 on the bottom right.........beautiful knives, i really want the fixed blade one !

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Wow, they look great! doesn't seem companies want to make practical knives like these for our british market anymore. damn shame too, they look and function well. i hear spyderco made a pocket knife for british edc..but im not a fan of the style..or the price tag.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010

the 2 on the bottom right.........beautiful knives, i really want the fixed blade one !

lol,..its not really a butterfly robbi,...it has a sprung indent and cant be flung around to open it,...

Wow, they look great! doesn't seem companies want to make practical knives like these for our british market anymore. damn shame too, they look and function well. i hear spyderco made a pocket knife for british edc..but im not a fan of the style..or the price tag.

yeah the spydi UKPK is what you mean,...its a nice legal folder,...a mate has one,..i have a persistance on the pic somewhere,...NOT legal carry tho,...hahah

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

haha got a cracking handle hasn't it? shame about butterfly knives..actualy a very safe and sturdy locking mechanism. never seen one that looks like anything other than a stabber though..i guess its the market.

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
well out of all this i have scattered around shelfs and drawers,...

IMG00851-20110315-2046.jpg

this gets more pocket time then any ,...its a Kershaw OD-2,..

od2.jpg

this is on my keys,..i took it off the G I O thread a few weeks ago,....its a Vic Spartan

IMG00846-20110312-1741.jpg

Cheers

Stu

You have got a problem!:D
What a great problem to have though!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
You have got a problem!:D
What a great problem to have though!

heyup si thee,...

hahaha this was a quick skim around the "book shelf" and couple of drawers,.....

now,..if i had a proper dig around, hahahaha.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE