what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
My current favourite.
DSCF4092.jpg

Nice one. Spydercos are the danglers.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If it's slip joint and has no locking mechanism and has a blade under three inches, it is legal to carry under s19. It's not illegal, even lockers and large bowies are legal, you just have to have a good reason for carrying them.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
the cutting edge is less than 3 inch,....but the blade has a choil,...and from tip to the handle is over 3 inches,..

i dont want to open a discussion on the old legal thing on here,,,but if you search Boker XS over on BB you'll see all the chin rubbing and head scatching you need,....

Stu,...

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Grendel, what's the 3rd down from the top pic?

I remember a glut of those being brought over from Spain when I was a youngster.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I know the law dude but he mentioned there was debate over that knife being edc legal.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ah I see, my svords blade length is over but I removed enough edge to make that under 3" but I'd still be unsure about the coppers knowing every detail of the law..

I like that knife though, it's one of the most popular on hiennie.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
the cutting edge is less than 3 inch,....but the blade has a choil,...and from tip to the handle is over 3 inches,..

i dont want to open a discussion on the old legal thing on here,,,but if you search Boker XS over on BB you'll see all the chin rubbing and head scatching you need,....

Stu,...

In that case, I'd say it would not come under the EDC carry unless you have reasonable excuse. Best to play it safe when knives look 'tactical' like that. Shame.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
In that case, I'd say it would not come under the EDC carry unless you have reasonable excuse. Best to play it safe when knives look 'tactical' like that. Shame.

yep i,m not 100% confident,...as you say mate,..shame, it has a very nice hollow grind too,...

i,m not a tactical type really,..and i toyed with this or the spydi,...should have gone the extra tenner,..

but THERES ALWAYS NEXT MONTH!!!!! hahahahahahah

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
AS far as I am concerned, it states the cutting edge is the measurable factor with regards to the law.

"This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3 inches"

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
AS far as I am concerned, it states the cutting edge is the measurable factor with regards to the law.

"This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3 inches"

i said i didnt want to get into it !!,...

and especially dont need YOU doing any chin rubbing!! hahaha....Good game good game,..verververvevrvevrvre!!! hahahaha

i want it to be borderline so i can buy summat else next month,...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

it does indeed

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
has there been any cases where a knife like that (blade length over 3" but edge under) has gotten someone lawfully prosecuted?

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
so if i have a massive sword,....

with only the first 2.5 inches sharp,...its legal to carry?...

what if it had a laser beam too?...

and a glass handle with a live goldfish inside,...?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE