What has it got in its pocketses?......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
At work so got a fair bit with me.

RH front

packet of mints and some chewing gum

LH front

£1.90 in change
car, house and work keys
small SAK
mini torch
whistle with FA info
Church key (bottle opener) always with me :)
Traser marker (so i can them find it in the dark)
permant match
one one of my keys I also have a little metal device which has a couple of screwdrivers on it, bottle oper and metal file
and a utility key too!!

LThigh pocket

2 mobiles (one work one personal)
wallet with lots of stuff:
Money
cards (bank and other useful ones)
Swiss Card Light
identity card
mini striker
couple of plasters
12 puritabs
wrapped scapel blade
6 safety pins
couple of condoms :)
cylume mini stick
coin for shopping tolleys
couple of coins for works drinks machine

R Thigh pocket

Map of the area where I work (need to show other where they are when they get lost or need to get places)
notebook
pen and pencil
heliograph
Romer
several bit of work related safety info
and an old set of survival instructions on waterproof paper
All kept in a waterproof bag

Shirt R pocket

compass

Shirt L pocket

several pens and pencils
work access card
couple of elastic bands

On my belt

Leatherwave multitool
Work radio

My Jacket is on the back of my chair but that has some things in it too.

Not much as you can see :)

And being able to go out in the woods with what i got. I often do :)
and being able to survival to? do that to!
learnt the hard way, years ago I had to take part in a survival course with only what I had in my pockets I managed a week with a mucker, at the beginning of it we had to show what we carried and even though it was a lot less than now i still had a fair bit on me then :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am resurrecting a long time gone thread :D

I was a newbie when this thread kicked off : :shameful:

@Ascobis started a thread asking if a PSK was really needed in the UK,
and this old one came to mind :)

So, pockets, and contents thereof.....

If I'm out the door my keys are in my pocket. My keychain holds everything from slivernippers to a tiny wee torch. It has a trolley key, a mini-mini spyderco, a small survival capsule with anti-histamines, a true-utility pair of scissors, a mini SAK, the one with the toothpick, nailfile, etc.,
Other than that there's a couple of hankies, and a couple of pound coins.
Everything else is still in the handbag :)

p.s. just checked and there are four kirby grips and a length of rush string too.

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Pocket has a bandana.( Many uses for that.)
Keyring has ,
A six inch soft toy dog( used to amuse fractious children on more than one occasion)
A soft shackle
A belt clip which can be used as emergency dog lead
A small hank of Parracombe, (about 3 feet)
A turbo lighter
A trolly coin
A peanut bee revival kit
Another peanut with cotton wool balls and two HD painkillers
A whistle
A tiny penknife
A tiny torch.
All that, just to carry my door key!

Glass-Wood-Steel

Jul 31, 2016
Cheshire
I have a SAK Ranger, a SAK classic sd, a 5 x 3 rite in the rain notebook, a Fischer bullet pen, a small wallet, my card wallet, my sunglasses, in ear headphones, some collapsible titanium chopsticks, a BAG-BAG packable back pack ( use as shopping bag), an Olight i3E EOS and a pack of tissues. Also a big jailer style bunch of keys combining home and work plus Spyderco honey bee. And my car keys ( always keep separate from house/ work bunch) with a CRKT KERT.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Oh Scout pockets, how I miss them those shirts were brilliant. I used to have 2 cigarillo tins, 1 in each pocket. Safety pins pinned though the pocket lid. Obviously a whistle and a British Army knife normally. Also a large neckerchief because the normal ones are too small to use as a triangular bandage. A pen down my sock. Those were the days.
Anyway now I have in the left cargo pocket an angle-head torch, an edc tin(Harry Potter card tin) with a battery, plasters, gloves, CPR mask, antihistamines, wipes, a floss ribbon, 2 floss brush things, a nail clipper and a pair of tweezers. In the zip pocket behind this cargo pocket I have my Field Notes leather notebook holder with 4 notebooks in it. In my right cargo pocket is my phone, a usb cable and 2 pens. In my left trouser pocket is change, receipts, and keys. In my right trouser pocket is 2 fold away shopping bags, a turbo lighter (I do not smoke either), a Rough Rider Canoe knife and a powerbank. In the zip pocket behind the right trouser pocket is were my wallet lives.
I also always have my fetishes in a Celtic cross and St Christopher.
Finally a sunglasses of some description, normally Aldi/lidl sport wrap rounds.
I am in the process of Greencraft-ing myself so the tin is going to be turned in for something like his EDC cut kit and I am adding duct tape/Tampon just not sure how yet.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I'm sitting at my desk in the attic at home, so I've very little in my pockets.

€1.50 that I got in change from the corner shop yesterday.
A pocket folding knife made by Laurent Gaillard, bought at the last SICAC that I went to (probably 2018).
IMG-20230718-103540.jpg

Last edited:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Small cuts kit with tick removers, 3 or 4 cards in the card wallet, lipsil, Bic lighter ferries rod and folder on a lanyard attached to my belt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Minotaur

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Shorts, front right - £3 in change and a Leatherman e33B Expanse (154cm) pocket knife, side pocket - phone, back pocket - wallet (cards, cash, receipts etc). Hoody, pouch - car/house keys.

Rarely carry much else in my pockets nowadays.

Reactions: Minotaur

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Something to brighten us all up.... im sure we can all relate!

In my pockets right now (currently at the airport) wallet, phone, mini powerbank and cable, airpods.

I recently rewatched a podcast where an ex US Gov Agency guy was asked what he carried EDC when abroad. His answer was interestingly quite boring....

'A hundred bucks, lace up shoes and a laminated card with some emergency phones numbers on....'

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Something to brighten us all up.... im sure we can all relate!

In my pockets right now (currently at the airport) wallet, phone, mini powerbank and cable, airpods.

I recently rewatched a podcast where an ex US Gov Agency guy was asked what he carried EDC when abroad. His answer was interestingly quite boring....

'A hundred bucks, lace up shoes and a laminated card with some emergency phones numbers on....'
Question . Is it technically still EDC if its not carried externally??? < asking for a friend >

Reactions: Van-Wild

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE