What Food Combo's Do You Eat That Others Think Are Weird

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
1/ Toast, spread on crunchy peanut butter, then a light spread of mayo, topped off with a few torn basil leaves
2/ Cube of cheddar, lick it and dip into instant coffee granules
3/ Sausages with salad cream.........guess where im going right now !

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Yup chilies with extra mature cheddar is a good combination :)

Have you tried the Habenero and honey red leicester from Aldi's?
I used to visit an Asian supermarket in Preston called Husseins. They sold a version of Pathak's lime pickle that had a 3 chilli heat rating. Supermarkets had mild with one chilli and hot with two. The one in Husseins was truly hot. At one time Booths supermarket also used to sell it but not a good seller so stopped selling it. That was especially nice with extra mature cheddar.

I did try a cheese that had habenero in it. Didn't like it because the habenero in it wasn't strong enough. It needs to be hot to go with the cheese,

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I used to consume marmite as medicine. I hate the taste but heard that the b vitamins in your blood makes you less attractive to midges. As a midge magnet I decided a spoonful of marmite and holding my nose, quickly followed by v8 vegetable juice and worcest sauce to get rid of marmite aftertaste was better than being bitten to death! I would take the marmite medicine from march so I was vitamin b dosed ready for Scottish trip late May, early June.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Marmite chocolate is the food of the Gods :)
I don't eat a lot of chocolate, and usually share mine with everyone around. But that bar of marmite chocolate ? it's mine :)

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
I used to consume marmite as medicine. I hate the taste but heard that the b vitamins in your blood makes you less attractive to midges. As a midge magnet I decided a spoonful of marmite and holding my nose, quickly followed by v8 vegetable juice and worcest sauce to get rid of marmite aftertaste was better than being bitten to death! I would take the marmite medicine from march so I was vitamin b dosed ready for Scottish trip late May, early June.
What blood group are you ? Was it effective ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
1/ Toast, spread on crunchy peanut butter, then a light spread of mayo, topped off with a few torn basil leaves
2/ Cube of cheddar, lick it and dip into instant coffee granules
3/ Sausages with salad cream.........guess where im going right now !

Now, 1 and 3 I can kinda get, but the cheese/coffee combo is very true to the thread title. :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Now, 1 and 3 I can kinda get, but the cheese/coffee combo is very true to the thread title. :)

Agreed.

2nd line of thought is along the lines of exactly what the man was 'trying' to do the first time a cow was milked...

What led you to try coffee and cheese in a single mouthful?

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Salt and pepper on buttered toast is great with my mid morning cuppa and as a snack chocolate drops added to salted peanuts with raisins Yummee!

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
Trust me give it a go, you know you want to, satisfaction guaranteed
Agreed.

2nd line of thought is along the lines of exactly what the man was 'trying' to do the first time a cow was milked...

What led you to try coffee and cheese in a single mouthful?
Heard it on the Radio, they seemed amazed it worked so I was compelled to try, turns out it actually works !

Reactions: TeeDee

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
My specialty is Maryland Cookies in coleslaw. I’m serious.

I will eat a jar of pickled onions and drink the vinegar quite happily. I hate cheese however.

Reactions: The Frightful

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
When I was a kid, I used to be fond of lettuce sprinkled with white sugar in white bread sarnies.
Can't say I'd want one nowadays, but I realy enjoyed them as a kid. I would give them another go, but I can't eat bread or wheat products nowadays.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE