What Food Combo's Do You Eat That Others Think Are Weird

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Had to do some thinking, but, a piece of toast, honey on half of the face, then marmite on the other half of the same face, eat as you fancy... that bit in the middle which is a sweet marmite, or a marmitey honey is pretty divine if I don't say so myself...

A little while ago I had avocado on sour dough with a poached egg, I tried some chili on top and loved it, since then chili has gently graduated into a cooked breakfast whenever I have one... HP was the staple, but now an extremely hot local chili sauce has taken over as the go to...

Reactions: grainweevil

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well many years ago i got he nickname that summer as Gliffon from the listerine ad lol i was stuck on "Tinned mackeral in tomato sauce and onions snadwiches " omg i was eating 2 or 3 a day i was so hooked , these days i just eat tins of mackeral plain lol

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
OK who remembers in the 80's when mates would challenge each other to weird food eating , these so called tick tock or other people think they invented it , i do remember mates coming round and we would get the toasty maker out and well some weird sandwich fillings for put in , the funniest we di was kid a mate the tinned dog food was a tin of steak in gravy and made a toasty he ate it and said ot was the best steak sandwich he had ever had lol , i did a rice pudding with sliced strawberries toasty that was food of the god's , we use to put some strange stuff in them .
The dog food leads me to my aunty on a camping holiday telling us kids she made a lovely steak and kidney pie with mash and veggies yuck never ate veggies as a kid but the pie omg we woofed the lot but it was funny no one had a dog but when we went to put the rubbish in the bin on the leaving day we found dog food tins in the bin hmmm , she never ever admitted it but use to giggle and say times where tough back then in the 70's , but who remembers supermarkets having the cheap reduced tins that the labels have come off , my uncle brought a huge box once and well he tried to do a Arkwright shook the tin and said thats carrots and then another oh that is custard and then another thats potatoes lol so opened the spuds and the carrots to go with dinner lol it was mushy peas and rice pudding lol the custard he was right lol but omg the russain roulette of a meal was funny on that summer holiday

Reactions: Ozmundo

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Had to do some thinking, but, a piece of toast, honey on half of the face, then marmite on the other half of the same face, eat as you fancy... that bit in the middle which is a sweet marmite, or a marmitey honey is pretty divine if I don't say so myself...
I started with them on separate areas of the toast too - you'll eventually stop fighting it and put marmite and honey evenly over the whole thing.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I started with them on separate areas of the toast too - you'll eventually stop fighting it and put marmite and honey evenly over the whole thing.

Well now that's just weird... haha.
I love honey and have a few of various different flavours, so I can't fully mix them, I already feel like a heathen when I reach the marmite honey overlap divide... it'd be like adding coke to a single malt.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Well now that's just weird... haha.
I love honey and have a few of various different flavours, so I can't fully mix them, I already feel like a heathen when I reach the marmite honey overlap divide... it'd be like adding coke to a single malt.
Oh, goodness, yes. I can't use "good" honey with marmite - strictly only the cheaper stuff. Otherwise the guilt ruins the deliciousness. :D

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Fried bread, with old English marmalade. Delicious! The orange cuts the greasyness of the fried bread. Again, I can't eat it nowadays, but I can still taste it in my memory.

Reactions: Ozmundo

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
OK who remembers in the 80's when mates would challenge each other to weird food eating , these so called tick tock or other people think they invented it , i do remember mates coming round and we would get the toasty maker out and well some weird sandwich fillings for put in , the funniest we di was kid a mate the tinned dog food was a tin of steak in gravy and made a toasty he ate it and said ot was the best steak sandwich he had ever had lol , i did a rice pudding with sliced strawberries toasty that was food of the god's , we use to put some strange stuff in them .
The dog food leads me to my aunty on a camping holiday telling us kids she made a lovely steak and kidney pie with mash and veggies yuck never ate veggies as a kid but the pie omg we woofed the lot but it was funny no one had a dog but when we went to put the rubbish in the bin on the leaving day we found dog food tins in the bin hmmm , she never ever admitted it but use to giggle and say times where tough back then in the 70's , but who remembers supermarkets having the cheap reduced tins that the labels have come off , my uncle brought a huge box once and well he tried to do a Arkwright shook the tin and said thats carrots and then another oh that is custard and then another thats potatoes lol so opened the spuds and the carrots to go with dinner lol it was mushy peas and rice pudding lol the custard he was right lol but omg the russain roulette of a meal was funny on that summer holiday
It must be about 50 years ago but I remember buying a tin of something when we were travelling in Eastern Europe and food of any kind was hard to come by. We couldn't read the label and there was no picture to give a clue as to the contents. We put off opening it but when it was all we had and were very hungry we opened the tin. We still couldn't tell what it was by looking at it and smelling it didn't help. Even tasting it made us none the wiser as it was very bland but we ate it anyway. Your story about the dog food has just given me an uneasy feeling about what it could have been.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
LOL @oldtimer yes my aunty well and uncle had us over af ew time , my aunty was or is a great cook she could take a tin of cherrys and make a cherry pie you would die to eat it never got left for long , but again in the 70's my uncle was a man for a bargain the tins with no labels oh how we laughed when we watched open all hours when arkright did what my uncle did shake the tin and guess lol .

I will say the food was always nice but hmmm i did notice for a few days i kept wanting to run toward lamp posts lol

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Chips, real chips fried with beef dripping in a traditional saucepan covered in burnt grease that was never cleaned.

• Love
Reactions: Ystranc

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
@Bishop
Not sure that's weird... my Nanna used to make chips just like that, not sure if it was dripping or lard (same thing?). I remember it was a designated saucepan, always sitting on her hob with a basket embedded into a white block of solidified goodness!

:cry: those were the days.

• Love
Reactions: Ystranc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE