What do you not eat that therefore makes you "weird"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
.... yeh, but if you're feeling a bit fuzzy then pouring a stick of it into your gob, a quick mouthful of water, swoosh about and swallow, kinda gets you getting on again. .
Ranger coffee = stick of instant coffe + satchet of coffee whitener in the mouth. Followed by some water, roll around in th mouth and swallow.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I love (green) peas, so was very disappointed with just how yucky mushy peas tasted first time I tried it. Was quite relieved when I eventually found out that mushy peas aren't made from green peas. :) Still avoid it though.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I love (green) peas, so was very disappointed with just how yucky mushy peas tasted first time I tried it. Was quite relieved when I eventually found out that mushy peas aren't made from green peas. :) Still avoid it though.

Oh no, you don't have 'garden' peas with your fish and chips do you? :)

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Oh no, you don't have 'garden' peas with your fish and chips do you? :)
Tend to go with curry sauce, if they have the one DH considers the ”proper” one. Don’t mind garden peas with fish and chips though. :)

But that might be from being used to green peas being served with (simmered) fish, boiled potatoes and a sauce. Although, to be honest, I have green peas with a lot of things. :)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I thought marrowfat peas were just normal peas (Pisum sativum) that had been allowed to mature beyond the 'juicy' state on the plant - i.e. had gone dry like broad beans (oh, yeh, whilst on the subject, I hate those :)).

However, I may be wrong :)

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I thought marrowfat peas were just normal peas (Pisum sativum) that had been allowed to mature beyond the 'juicy' state on the plant - i.e. had gone dry like broad beans (oh, yeh, whilst on the subject, I hate those :)).

However, I may be wrong :)
I think you’re right, but different varieties are used for marrowfat peas and garden peas, respectively. But I’m sure someone more knowledgeable can chime in with more info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE