What Food Combo's Do You Eat That Others Think Are Weird

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Chips coverd in cheese yes, but gravy with chips! Nah, just wrong.
cheesy chips with garlic mayo to dip them in. Yep, just right.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Not sure it's weird but give me a bit of bread, an apple & a packet of ready salted crisps & I'm happy. I also like goat cheese, smothered in honey on a bit of baguette. My daughter does too.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Oh dear, now we are getting silly!
Mind you, talking with a friend brought up in an African state, she tells me that little kids were given chicken feet, as they grew, they got half a chicken neck, then a chicken head, only adults got the good meat.
Made me feel rather sick, and thankful that I got findus pancakes and baked beans!

Reactions: Disabled Preppers

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Oh dear, now we are getting silly!
Mind you, talking with a friend brought up in an African state, she tells me that little kids were given chicken feet, as they grew, they got half a chicken neck, then a chicken head, only adults got the good meat.
Made me feel rather sick, and thankful that I got findus pancakes and baked beans!
Yup that is true the chicken feet but cooked over and open fire they are a treat and lovely to gnaw on .
Well last night i knocked up a sort of chicken left over chinese sweet and sour , i will say i added a 60g portion of mixed dried veg to the rice , i soaked it in a jam jar first then once the rice was cooked i threw in the vegs and i will say i was surprised as was my wife the taste was very nice veggies tasted like fresh veggies , yum yum .

Now buying in bulk and vacuum sealing in 8 portion size bags with mositure absorber in but vacuumed to the limit , these will be stored in the buckets with the rice and pasta to .

Now to weird foot my wife has found the ready made chocolate custard and tinned rice pudding a fav right now lol yup but i will say i like custard on cereal .

I also love a big bowl of real chips in a bowl with gravy over omg heaven i'm in heaven , i will say this comes from my days at building college lol we use to love it in the canteen huge bowl of chips and onion gravy over , or who remembers the bakers oven doing chips we use to run to the town at break get a huge bag of their chips loads of salt and vinegar and 2 freash baked crusty rolls omg belly growling , these days i am luck to get solid dry food in but hey .

Have a fun night all

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Crumpets, slathered in butter and marmite, even better with toasted cheese on top of that.
Oooh, the memories!
Gluten free ones just don't cut it. They become a soggy mess that is unpalatable, but real crumpets, toasted to a crisp and butter, marmite and toasted cheese on top are perfect comfort food, in front of the fire in winter.

Reactions: Ozmundo and Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Marmite on hot cross buns is just lovely stuff though :)
Unlike sweetened porridge ! ;)
I could handle the buns, if my intestines would let me, but I adore soft dark brown molasses sugar mixed into my porridge, or maple syrup stirred in..
I love sweet porridge!
No salted oats for me.
Sorry porridge traditionalists. I'm happy to be a heretic on that one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE