What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marshall

Nomad
Jan 22, 2013
Gdańsk, Poland
www.AdamMarczak.com
Morakniv Fire Starter

morakniv_fire_starter_0017.jpg

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
Last Saturday I bought an unissued German Kochgeshirr (cook pot), postwar production of the M1931, Unlike most of the stuff I buy, I needed it to try baking Brotbacken im Kochgeshirr. My last attempt was literally flat and I'm sure it's only because I didn't have a genuine Kochgeshirr. However, I'll probably chicken out and just go by the local Swiss bakery for a loaf of their bread. I've accumulated a stack of various mess tins, some army, some mountain shop, and I try to use them all. Rectangular British mess tins are very practical but the Boy Scout mess kit I've had for over fifty years is pretty much as good as anything that's available. I'm still hoping for a gamelle individuel for Xmas. (Let's keep the X in Xmas). I also received a week or so ago an order of various Badger brand "balms." The so-called "healing balm" (for the hands) really works and I use it all winter long.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....the Boy Scout mess kit I've had for over fifty years is pretty much as good as anything that's available. ....

Plus 1. Hang onto that one though, the new ones aren't anywhere near as good. The pots (billy can) in the new ones is way, way shallower. I wish I still had my old one.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
A coleman solo max cook set, really nice, very pleased with it and can't wait to use it. I've ordered some silicone tubing to put around the handles and that'll just about make it perfect for my needs.

Cheers
Steve

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Two Tatonka stainless billy cansin 1L and 1.6L, a fox 2m x3m basha, and my Spyderco Paramilitary 2 with digi camo scales and black blade arrived from Heinnie's.

A good day all in all :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Last edited:

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Bought a Mora Companion in magenta for my 9 year old daughter for xmas.

Also got her a 'Light my fire' Swedish fire steel and some Maya sticks, various tinder and a tin to keep it all in.

A little FAK and a BCB daysack too.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Assorted Christmas presents:
-A como Thermos for the SIL
-A toy set for Carson (plastic game animals and hunter)
-A model R2D3 for james to put together
-A game set for all of us (Duck Dynasty/Redneck Wisdom)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE