What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I've had a couple of oreders arrive. First the bedroll one, boy its big. No buttons missing and is great condition, it's just musty. I'll need to give the blankets a wash. Also good to finally have a propper bottle to trasport meths now.

Second the 100g of Potassium Permanganate arrived. Happy with the speed of that. I wasn't expecting it to arrive in a bottle, it didn't, it arrive in a sealed plastic bag (the heat seal that you can't re-seal). No real big issue, I'm sure I have an old pill bottle or two somewhere. But for the time being it's been put in a old empty 100ml Dettol bottle as it was close to hand.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Been having a run on ebay recently... :)

Bought three pairs of OG combats (gonna need to take them up)

Some weights for line shooting from a catty

Some zip lubricant to see if that will solve the sticking zips on my snugpak sleeping bags

And a large tarp for Dingly Dell at the moot instead of a parachute

Oh... and a second hand frontier stove from a member on the forum :D

Last edited:

dixienormns

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2011
meadowview Va. usa
i bought a 11'x22' parachute from local army navy store not sure if going to resale it or what to do with it cost $60.00any suggestions
and finally got my yhm ak47 silencer :D and crkt hammond crusier black knife CR7904

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
When I woke up this morning my nice vew Evernew Ultralight Titanium Alcohol Stove Cross Stand had arrived from America.

I gave it a test and it works perfectly for what I wanted.

Really light! as it says on the packing 16g.

I don't have the Evernew burner, just got a couple of good old Trangia ones, it fits perfectly.

One of the reasons I got one was because of the airflow, no issues with it suffocating the burner.

After a couple of minutes, I love how fast water boils in titanium.

After this quick test I'd of been happy to spend the £35 odd that it costs here, but for less than £11.50 inc P&P from America it's a bargin! eBay really can be your friend, it was also brand new and unopened packing.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham

Ah, interesting. Last time I looked (well over a year ago now) I'm sure most places it was £35, unless I was looking at getting there stove aswell, which I probably was. If I'd of thought about checking there website while late night ebaying I'd of bought it from them instead (supporting the Biritish market and all), I'm tempted to get the stove, so they probably will get my business in the future. I've bought all the reast of my Ti stuff from them in the past. I really like that they call you to check you got your order and that everything was fine.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
The Craghoppers sale was on so I scanned for bargains as usual...ended up buying a nice new hooded softshell jacket fleece in a fetching black. I will admit upfront it's the BG one (which so far I've avoided) but it's still damn good kit either way.

My wife even gave her consent to me buying it as my old softshell doesn't look to great as I use it for fishing. Woohoo...shiny new jacket and I can wear it in daylight without worrying about getting caught!

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I was at a craft/antique shop and couldnt resist taking this fella home with me . Measures around 2ft x 18" . Now looking good in my man cave .

DSCF0487.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE