What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Just had delivered one of those little Police3W torches someone here recommended. Not bad for a couple of quid. It's a bit big for a keyring which is what I wanted it for but I'll find a use for it. I'd almost forgotten I'd ordered it but it had to come all the way from Hongkong. How do they make a profit?

Costs 3p to make with child slave labour and they easily make up any shortfall selling your credit card details to the Triads ;)

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
i'm off on fridays and sat. and do my chours on friday like pay bills and such, but i also went to REI and picked up two boxes of Esbit tablets,1 elastic roll bandage and a bag of beef jerky...also stopped at the sportsmans warehouse and got a green storage box for loose kit and a 100rds of 9mm...today on sat. some of my buddys and i went to cabales and picked up some ammo for my weapons like 7.62x54R 40rds and 50rds. more of 9mm...also a packet of sling swivels and a mega bag of beef jerky...vince g. 11B INF...

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I've been meaning to get myself some knid of propper bed roll and I read a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about one from http://www.militarymart.co.uk.

Infact here is the thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80569&page=7

Well I had a look at a few things and ended up getting a few things from them:

First the Czech army bed roll: http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1772 For £9.99 I had to try it!

I also got some socks, a spare rubber ring for my Trangia stove, a fold-a-cup (I've deen meaning to get one for years now and for £5 I thought sod it, add to basket), a towel, a Viper belt and lastly a 250ml bottle for my meths so I don't need to take the a bigger bottle I buy it in with me when I go out.

Not bad for just over £30 plus P&P. Though I could of spent way more, and probably will in time.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Therm-a-rest NeoAir All Season sleeping mat, I tried it on my hard wood floor and it was incredibly comfortable, I'm looking forward to trying it on lumpy ground this weekend. The crinkle isn't as bad as I expected either.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Got myself some Howard Leightning LOF ear defenders, sick of my bulky Peltor ones and used them today.. they are SO worth the money. Lightweight, comfortable, thin, but still muffle sound of chainsaws and strimmers enough.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
A battery converter for my old Petyzl zoom headtorch...allows you to stop using the flat battery and use 3 x AA's instead (generally easier to source and saves me carrying umpteen types of spare battery).

In saying that I love my Alpkit HT now but the zoom will go to one of the kids...too attached to it to throw it out any time soon.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My ticket for The Moot as well as my ferry ticket from Calais to Dover got that for £78 return. To sail from Caen to Portsmouth would have cost me £350+ :yikes: Figured I got myself a bargain despite the fuel costs.

It's official now - Biker's going to the Moot, it's not too late to get a full refund!!! :lmao: You have been warned! :deal:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Just been eBaying.

I've just sent off a new unused Evernew Ultralight Titanium Alcohol Stove Cross Stand which I've been meaning to get for a while, plus was only $17.50 which works out to £11.27. That includes P&P from America as well so it's a bargin.

I also got 100g of Potassium Permanganate. Very usefull stuff. I don't use it very often, but its great stuff for athlete's foot (which I get every couple of years) or added with glicerin makes a hell of a fire starter.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... also got 100g of Potassium Permanganate. Very usefull stuff.I don't use it very often, but its great stuff for athlete's foot (which I get every couple of years) ...

Try Mycota spray. Just as good but it isn't purple. :)

I've never found the creams and powders anywhere near as good as the spray. If they sold it just as a liquid in a bottle I'd get that instead.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Try Mycota spray. Just as good but it isn't purple. :)

I've never found the creams and powders anywhere near as good as the spray. If they sold it just as a liquid in a bottle I'd get that instead.

Ah, I didn't know they did a spray, next time I get athlete's foot I'll have to give it a try. I've used the powder before though, I wasn't that impressed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE