What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
A Frost River Isle Royale Jnr pack arrived today along with a matching pouch and a very cool lunchbag. Best of it was, they're using Fedex now so unless I get a bill in the post it appears I have avoided tax and duty!! :)

Taking them for a spin this weekend so pics shall follow....

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Just took delivery of my Expedv syn mat 7 w.pump, from evil bay for the pricely sum of £26!! Also my Aquapure traveller water bottle came too, again Evil bay, 2nd hand, claimedto be used once but it was too bulky, won it for just under £7 and looks brand new!! Couple that witht the £15 brand new replacement filer and I got water filter and spare for £22!! Bargain!!
Cheers
Steve

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Bunch of half price assorted size Karrimor dry bags from Sports Direct and an Alpkit Gamma headtorch ( ordered yesterday afternoon and arrived today - excellent service BTW )

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
I've had a bit of a surplus kit buying splurge today.

Turbojet Storm Lighter
Highlander 3 in 1 can opener
Trouser twists
OG long sleeved 'Bushcraft' shirt
British Army Norwegian 'Norgie' shirt
British Army Basha + stuff sack - £5 BARGAIN BUY
British Army Jungle sleeping bag + waterproof stuff/compression sack - To 'pimp' my Czech army bed roll, for lighter summer use.
British Army sleeping bag liner

I'm a happy bunny :)

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Due to an unforseen windfall (of sorts) today I bought:

- Set of 12 mini-woodcarving chisels (For making a Wood Spirit for my son's birthday)
- Mora 511 (Again, for my son to begin proper knife use with)
- Mora Frost 120 Woodcarving knife (Eventually, a decent carving knife! - Explains itself, this LM Wave is painful after hours of carving!)
- A basic fishing set (My last fishing trip was when I was 12 (Now 33)... I WILL catch my own dinner this year!!)
- A 3.5m x 4.5m Groundsheet/Tarp (I have a 7th wonder hex-tarp, but living in the lakes, one needs a BIG and quality tarp!)
- and some OG 550 Paracord for tying that tarp down.
- Oh and some milk and biscuits - gotta keep ones self fueled y'know!

Next up will be Mossie nets, a load of weaving willow, spoon & other knives, decent high-grit sharpening stones, a quality hammock, firesteel, and a partridge in a pear tree.

:D

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Went here:

gijoeso.jpg

Fatal mistake for my bank balance. :eek::rolleyes:

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff.

No affiliation................ just a skint customer:D

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not been on here for awhile so recent buys have been:-
Vango remote gas stove.
Innov8 Roclite 390 boots £50 down from probably abt £115.
Pouches of whole bean instant coffee for camping.
Non-climbing krabs.
Aldi bike computer for a fiver!!! Also other Aldi camping gear like chairs, 25l water folding container and collapsing bowl all less than £4 each.
Map of Glen Shiel.

How do Aldi do gd stuff so cheap? Looking forward to Glen Shiel after checking.map out.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
For when I am able to get out again,always think ahead.
Carinthia Defense 4 Sleeping bag off of ebay for 80.00 never used.
A pair of British Army Tent booties,for my very cold feet.
Lifeventure roll up wash bowl

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
- Vango Colorado 6 man tent (Unopened, Unused)
- Pro-Action 6 man tent (Minor repair work on door)
- Hi-Gear Super-Chef 10 piece cooking set (800g all in)
- Camping Gaz Bleuet Micro
- Camping Gaz CV270 Plus 230g canister (unused)
- Portable Gas BBQ
- 2 tripod stools
- 1 cricket set
- Double airbed

All for £100 :cool: Not a bad haul if i say so myself

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I spent som serious money on a survival knife. Hesitated for a long time: I have plenty of knives, and all will do the job admirably. But this one called out to me, wanted me to have it. So I took out my wallet and spent the cash. I really love it, sharp, fits the hand, is just right, and think it will be my main user for a while: this knife was not made to be a drawer queen.

http://www.hunter-gatherer.org/pix/survival-instructors-knife.jpg

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
A nice little liner lock Rough rider Work knife, & a Kershaw Squaw Creek. The rough rider is really sharp out of the box whilst the kershaw was a little smaller than I thought but still happy with both.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE