What did you buy today?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Last night I got a bit of spending money, and put some towards a Spyderco UK Penknife Salt in Magnacut steel. I have been wanting one for ages, nearly bought the LC200N (Cronidur) version a couple of times, but wanted more edge holding and was willing to sacrifice ultimate corrosion resistance.

I had the original UKPK in S30V and black G10, but lost it. Was never a fan of that steel. I like a steel that holds a razor edge better, rather than a “working” edge. Although the S110V version has been nice. I got a Lion Steel in Magnacut and like how it sharpens, the edge it takes and how it holds it, so looking forward to the new Spyderco.

Reactions: scruff

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Last night I got a bit of spending money, and put some towards a Spyderco UK Penknife Salt in Magnacut steel. I have been wanting one for ages, nearly bought the LC200N (Cronidur) version a couple of times, but wanted more edge holding and was willing to sacrifice ultimate corrosion resistance.

I had the original UKPK in S30V and black G10, but lost it. Was never a fan of that steel. I like a steel that holds a razor edge better, rather than a “working” edge. Although the S110V version has been nice. I got a Lion Steel in Magnacut and like how it sharpens, the edge it takes and how it holds it, so looking forward to the new Spyderco.
That yellow FRN is the only FRN that’s ever appealed, it’s a great knife Chris.

IMG_5112.jpeg

Today, or a few days ago I spent some hefty cash on a telephoto and a macro lens for my iphone12. Enjoying it all immensely.

IMG_5887.jpegIMG_5888.jpegIMG_5891.jpegIMG_5885.jpegIMG_5886.jpegIMG_5922.jpegIMG_5925.jpegIMG_5934.jpegIMG_5933.jpegIMG_5788.jpegIMG_5916.jpeg

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Steeldive SD1957, ‘No Time To Die’ Omega Seamaster homage. Doesn’t sit well with the 2 layers of traditional NATO under it as it’s quite rounded and thick, so I’ve put it on a 2 piece yellow for now and ordered a 2 piece Bond and a couple of other straps.

It might sound like I’m a huge Bond fan, but actually that was pointed out to me when I sent a pic to a friend. I was just drawn by the yellow numerals and markers and thought it looked great.

IMG_5947.jpeg

Reactions: Foogs and TeeDee

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
16l of Paraffin Extra. I thought I had 6 cans of the stuff and bought a Tosai domestic heater for the bathroom but what I had was 2 cans of the ultra low odour Extra and a sealed box of Barrattine stinky stuff. :mad:

Not sure what to do with the Barrattine, but there’s no way I’m burning it in the house. The Tosai heater is brilliant, obviously the usual warnings about flame and gases apply and I make sure a window is open a bit, but it’ll warm the whole flat quite happily on its own meaning I’m not running any form of electric heating at all. I’m really missing my wood burner though.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
16l of Paraffin Extra. I thought I had 6 cans of the stuff and bought a Tosai domestic heater for the bathroom but what I had was 2 cans of the ultra low odour Extra and a sealed box of Barrattine stinky stuff. :mad:

Not sure what to do with the Barrattine, but there’s no way I’m burning it in the house. The Tosai heater is brilliant, obviously the usual warnings about flame and gases apply and I make sure a window is open a bit, but it’ll warm the whole flat quite happily on its own meaning I’m not running any form of electric heating at all. I’m really missing my wood burner though.

I was curious so I googled.

This one?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I was curious so I googled.

This one?

No, it’s a cheaper model than that, 241.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE