What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If it’s like the ones I saw many moons ago at Delamere, the patterned punch slides I’m from the front and is wedged with a fitted section over the slope.
As stated previously it not quite like the ones that I remember.

Reactions: rowen

Foogs

May 12, 2023
UK
Boning up for a bushcraft course in a couple of weeks. Just finished Ray's Outdoor Survival Handbook so picked up a copy of Survival Advantage. Impressed with the readability and thoroughness so far.

20240711_185809.jpg

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
My wife is having her hair done and I stumbled upon a nearby whisky shop (which I definitely didn’t do a map recce of in advance of our visit). They didn’t have the Kilkerran 12 I was looking for in stock, but they did have this, which is a new one to me:

IMG_6911.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: TeeDee

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
The clear locks are relatively easy but I’ve still not got a real padlock open! A nice fiddle toy though!

the clear ones are sometimes so easy as to not be worth it, a couple of seconds of wiggle
ive been colelcting up old missing key padlocks to practice to find out today that my hwife had been throwing them all out.....

ive got a basic lock pit set plus a miny set that had a credit card case, put these in to the back of my leatherman pouch just in case...have done a few non clear locks but it does show how now and insecure some cheap padlocks are,. the luggage type...

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
the clear ones are sometimes so easy as to not be worth it, a couple of seconds of wiggle
ive been colelcting up old missing key padlocks to practice to find out today that my hwife had been throwing them all out.....

ive got a basic lock pit set plus a miny set that had a credit card case, put these in to the back of my leatherman pouch just in case...have done a few non clear locks but it does show how now and insecure some cheap padlocks are,. the luggage type...
I got a set of SouthOrd picks a while ago and while waiting for my transparent training locks to arrive I had a go at what my daughter had used on her school locker, many years ago.

First try, snake rake, fifteen seconds.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I got a set of SouthOrd picks a while ago and while waiting for my transparent training locks to arrive I had a go at what my daughter had used on her school locker, many years ago.

First try, snake rake, fifteen seconds.

Simple locks are ,simple. They take little effort.

It is what it is.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Annual table sale in the square, today. The only thing I found worth buying was this cobbler's hammer.

Resizer-17209497466903.jpg

Resizer-17209497413741.jpg

There are also quite a few leg vices, this year, but I found a big one a few years ago and a small one in Amsterdam last year. Quite a few stake anvils and a box of hardy tools in various sizes, shapes and shank sizes, but really I wouldn't have valued then at more than €1 a piece.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Simple locks are ,simple. They take little effort.

It is what it is.
Many years ago I once forgot my keys for school (boarder) and was looking at a fortnight with no access to my tuck box until I got home again - was both very happy and rather chagrined that it took mere moments to pick the padlock with a hair pin.

Just a little tea light lantern I got from TEMU. Maybe not a posh UCO (sic) candle but it works for me.View attachment 89050
Ah, I had noticed those, but the listings I saw were shy on the size of nightlight it took and I was suspicious they might be a "off" size.

bearbait

Ooh, that looks interesting - let me know how it performs; I have a similar problem.
The trap has been out there for a week now. Around the tree is maize / corn bait. Smeared in places on the tree up from there is the GoodNature hazelnut paste; also on and above the trap itself. Bait topped up daily. Trailcam showing increase in Squirrel activity around the area from before baiting (unsurprisingly!). Also showing mice at night, enjoying the paste.

Counter reads 7 after a week with (sadly) 2 mice as bycatch and 2 squirrels, so only 4 confirmed casualties. I wonder if the "missing" 3 count is either a small creature (mouse perhaps) triggering the trap without being in the "danger zone", or that maybe Foxy got there in the morning before me to tidy up any cull. @Nice65 mentions in the "Air pistol for Squirrels?" thread that slugs were triggering his trap. Maybe this was it?

Am vaguely thinking of getting another trap for the other side of the woodland, albeit much older mature trees (as opposed to the young Silver Birch and Oak being decimated), as Squirrels are caught on cam there. I'll see how I get on over the next 3 / 4 weeks with this one before deciding.

Reactions: Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE