What did you buy today?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Arrived a couple of days ago and now set up, along with my trailcam watching:

The born-out-of-wedlock Grey Squirrels have seriously damaged almost all my Silver Birches in the woodland over the last two or three years, and have now set about bark-stripping - vandalising - my young Oaks. I am displeased.

Fingers crossed that I can cut my population of 'em down a little...

Ooh, that looks interesting - let me know how it performs; I have a similar problem.

bearbait

Ooh, that looks interesting - let me know how it performs; I have a similar problem.
Yup, will do. But it may be a little while yet...

The trap is placed where there has been recent sightings of squirrel with my trailcam, and recent damage to the trees around.

I've baited around the foot of the tree with some maize, and smeared some Hazelnut paste on the tree above the maize, along with more blobs of it on the trap and on the tree above the trap. The bait I'm using in the trap itself is the supplied Hazelnut Paste.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I attended an on-line seminar on grey squirrel control by the UK Squirrel Accord (some time last year) - they are researching contraceptive methods and use standard Nutella as the bait :)

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
An chinesium mosi net with floor and door. Plus a one of those twiddly little titian pot stand stoves.

1651C07B-BC53-4420-B868-41B42FBFA7FC.jpeg

Dinky and very stable on the crusader mug. Helping me get through the hexi stick pile (that I don’t have). :tapeshut:A84ED842-F744-4D97-9D8E-967FB8DDF683.jpeg

Far cheaper than I could make it. Pretty roomy for a single came with bag four cheapo pegs and has a central suspension point.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Theres a Master Lock key safe where I’ve moved to, and I’ve no idea of the combination. I head to LockPickingLawyer on YouTube, but Bosnian Bill pops up with the solution. The solution is a little metal shim to feel for a flat spot on each wheel. Can be cut from a pop can, minimal cost.

One messed up key safe has resulted in this lot arriving today. :rolleyes2:

IMG_5030.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Theres a Master Lock key safe where I’ve moved to, and I’ve no idea of the combination. I head to LockPickingLawyer on YouTube, but Bosnian Bill pops up with the solution. The solution is a little metal shim to feel for a flat spot on each wheel. Can be cut from a pop can, minimal cost.

View attachment 89022
Enjoy. I will have to get mine out for a refresher session.

Reactions: Nice65

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

View attachment 89022
The clear locks are relatively easy but I’ve still not got a real padlock open! A nice fiddle toy though!

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The clear locks are relatively easy but I’ve still not got a real padlock open! A nice fiddle toy though!
I’ve got a few, generally cheap or worn ones though. And raked the front door open once, the lock barrel was so worn I couldn’t get it it to turn.

Actually picking the individual pins is a new thing for me, my approach has been more bumpkey style than patience and feel. If the summer weather continues to be as bad as it has I’ll have my own YouTube channel by Christmas :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Amazonas Tarp Wallet has done its best for several years. Replaced with a Maratac bifold from EDCgear. Holds more than I thought, though this is a bit too snug with various business cards and about £500 cash.

Edit: a lot less cumbersome now the electric oven and a fridge freezer delivery has been paid for.

Attachments

• IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5032.jpeg
    IMG_5032.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
I’d forgotten I’d put a bid on this basically because it said mattsons and mora on it but I won it.
I think it’s a tool for marking trees but if anyone knows more about it I’d love to know.

Attachments

• IMG_7680.jpeg
    IMG_7680.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7681.jpeg
    IMG_7681.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Ozmundo and TeeDee

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Also this axe which I’m pretty sure is a rare Gransfors with the square g and made in Sweden underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_7683.png
    IMG_7683.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7684.png
    IMG_7684.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Ozmundo

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’ve never seen one quite like that but I think you are right.
I think they are usually much heavier than yours and the fitted punches mark the buyers of the timber.

Reactions: rowen

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I’d forgotten I’d put a bid on this basically because it said mattsons and mora on it but I won it.
I think it’s a tool for marking trees but if anyone knows more about it I’d love to know.

I've seen some weird timber tools but that one is quite odd. What throw me is , why is it offset? If its offset due to it manufacturing process , fair enough. But almost seems like its to be used in conjunction with something else?

Reactions: rowen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE