What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Can highly recommend:

Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl | Sherry Finish. At the moment, it’s £40 for 70cl, it was £36 something when I bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago, but really nice if you like the Islay whiskys​

Oh, I love the Islay whiskies :) - Bunnahabhain being one of my favourites.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Can highly recommend:

Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl | Sherry Finish. At the moment, it’s £40 for 70cl, it was £36 something when I bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago, but really nice if you like the Islay whiskys​

This was my intro to Islays a few years ago, absolutely love the sea/cold slate you get from it. Takes me right to the coast.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
This was my intro to Islays a few years ago, absolutely love the sea/cold slate you get from it. Takes me right to the coast.
It reminds me of the salt tang you get in Manzanilla Sherry from Sanlúcar de Barrameda, due to it’s greater proximity to the sea than Fino from Jerez (spent a wonderful week there visiting the Soleras, where they produce it. I was surprised to find it drunk with meals, rather than an aperitif, like here- it’s actually a perfect accompaniment to curries and spicy food, which I was ecstatic to find!:)

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
What ban is it?
Currently there's a proposed ban on all lead shot used in shotguns. The actual law has been delayed but there was a proposed phase out period of 5 years suggested but this could be shorter.

My understanding for those wishing to hoard is that possession as well as use will be banned. But with the change of government who knows what will happen.

Falstaff

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2023
Berkshire
Currently there's a proposed ban on all lead shot used in shotguns. The actual law has been delayed but there was a proposed phase out period of 5 years suggested but this could be shorter.

My understanding for those wishing to hoard is that possession as well as use will be banned. But with the change of government who knows what will happen.
I thought the suppliers had already done implemented that, but what is/are the alternatives? steel?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I thought the suppliers had already done implemented that, but what is/are the alternatives? steel?
We might need a separate thread to discuss this, if there's interest. There are some lead alternatives out there but the vast majority of shotgun cartridges sold and used are still lead.

The main alternative is steel, if you are happy to use it in your gun and if you can get hold of it. Things like bismuth and alloys of it and something else if you have an old gun and plenty of money.

Bullets and air rifle pellets have currently escaped the proposed ban but places such as rifle ranges will need to have procedures in place to capture lead.

Reactions: Ystranc

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'll admit - I don't think this will appeal to many but on the off chance there are any others out there that may appreciate these... I'm sharing ( the photo ) Its Old and Its heavy... like me.

1720009017290.png

Reactions: Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE