What did you buy today?

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
My wife is challenging me to a 30 day declutter.

Day 1 = 1 item, day 2 = 2 items, etc...a total of 465 items to throw at the end of 30 days, the winner gets a paid meal at a posh restaurant....it's a trick....*sob*...

It costs me whether I do it or not....

I am already doing the intermittent fasting, with a one meal / hour eating window per day....

Reactions: rowen

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yes, the whole partner situation sounds odd to me but I strongly suspect that it is exaggerated, I certainly hope so.
I think I’ve overcome my addiction to the Black and Decker lathe. I’ve just bought my fourth which is identical to the other three. I didn’t need the third one but this latest still has a COMPLETE set of accessories!!!!!
[Stares at you wide eyed expecting you to be wildly enthusiastic!]
In fact the silver1980’s ones have become very rare.

It helps that “she with whom things are discussed and negotiated” buys wooden wool machinery and lace making equipment in quantity.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Clutter is the bane of my life! Decided to get some help and booked in a couple of ladies to help mesort and tidy things.. all they want to do is throw stuff i need away. We had words! Next session Monday, fingers crossed they won't start telling me I don't need things I do, and stop talking to me like a five year old being told I only need one teddy bear! (I don't have soft toys, but you know what I mean)
They can't understand I might need two different size tarps, or more than one pair of boots, (winter, summer)
No TV so I read and knit or craft, why not throw out some books/wool/sewing stuff...you'll never use it all...******!

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Lunar Landing

IMG-4027.jpg

May 17, 2020
Wales
Easy one - follow my lead...

" That Ma'am? No - always been there ,slight stock taking inaccuracy on the last inventory check. Yes, yes I do agree,- It does indeed " seem " to look new and shiny. You are right , it is very strange... truly a phenomenon..... how it smells and looks new. - Now with your permission I shall be off to attend to my chores "

< Full salute and deep knee curtsy and withdraw from the room never making eye contact >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or - Just as how much her last Hair-doo REALLY cost.

Hmmmmm

Dealing with my particular Home Secretary reminds me of Gandalf, discussing Denethor (Steward of Gondor)...

‘He has long sight. He can perceive, if he bends his will thither, much of what is passing in the minds of men, even of those that dwell far off. It is difficult to deceive him, and dangerous to try.’

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Ordered the Savotta Kahakka 15 litre in brown because it is the least military looking.
The one detail that intrigued me most are the huge sidepockets. Can fit a Nalgene 1.5 litre in each and still have some room left for something thin like an axeshaft.

SavottaKahakka15LBrown.png

Last edited:

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
My wife is challenging me to a 30 day declutter.

Day 1 = 1 item, day 2 = 2 items, etc...a total of 465 items to throw at the end of 30 days, the winner gets a paid meal at a posh restaurant....it's a trick....*sob*...

It costs me whether I do it or not....

I am already doing the intermittent fasting, with a one meal / hour eating window per day....
My day 1 item would be the wife!

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
A lovely little lamp I picked up at a charity shop together with a horrendous key ring I took apart to make a mushroom’esk lanyard with

Attachments

• IMG_7555.jpeg
    IMG_7555.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7553.png
    IMG_7553.png
    844.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Love
Reactions: Tony

Foogs

May 12, 2023
UK
A Victorinox Forester M Grip.

Wanted something pocket sized that could cover off cooking/food prep as well as a bit of campcraft. I looked at the Rangergrip, but felt it was slightly overkill.

So far love it except for the liner lock which, for me as a right-hander, operates totally counterintuitively. I'm sure I'll evolve a workaround.

20240628_152040 victorinox.jpg

Reactions: Dan00001

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE