What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Looks like a 2L SADF bottle would fit?
This bottle I do not know but Savotta states that the side pockets are about 2.5 litre.

PS. After googling and founding this photo, I´m almost sure that it would fit.

South_African_Canteen_3.jpg

Reactions: Jared

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Clutter is the bane of my life! Decided to get some help and booked in a couple of ladies to help mesort and tidy things.. all they want to do is throw stuff i need away. We had words! Next session Monday, fingers crossed they won't start telling me I don't need things I do, and stop talking to me like a five year old being told I only need one teddy bear! (I don't have soft toys, but you know what I mean)
They can't understand I might need two different size tarps, or more than one pair of boots, (winter, summer)
No TV so I read and knit or craft, why not throw out some books/wool/sewing stuff...you'll never use it all...******!
I’ve been in your front door and would have had a job getting much further into the house. :D

Modern dwellings just aren’t designed with anything other than day to day living in mind and you have many hobbies and like to up cycle stuff. Up cycling isn’t instant as you’ll always be waiting to get a ‘this’ or ‘that’ from somewhere to complete the project. Maybe some of those could go?

Take a gentle approach, getting rid of stuff is a wrench so do a bit at a time, stop if you start to get cross or anxious, don’t do anything if you’re tired or aching. Also, make sure your friends aren’t telling you to do anything, they’re asking you what you’d like them to do and what you want to keep, not why.

Today received a Roxon M4 multitool which is going back. Scissors don’t fully open and lock, nor does the spring work. I might mini review it before returning if anyone wants a look?

IMG_4966.jpeg

Falstaff

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2023
Berkshire
Bought a folding stool, as I need something low and light to use whilst cooking, and my little armchair version doesn't permit leaning forward. I really only wanted something mebbe 2-3 inches high to keep my bum off the mud, but saw nothing viable for backpacking.
Also, I weakened and bought a chinese copy of a Svea petrol stove with a quiet burner, and a tiny gas stove burner. I use different cooking kit set ups depending upon duration, load, distance etc. but really have lots and cannot justify my weakness...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If it's for unwanted visitors, remember to keep a few balls laying around a few packs of baseball cards, and fill your YouTube history with baseball videos.

Thanks for the advice , my intention isn't as sinister however. More for shoulder mobility and rotational exercise than knocking thugs out.

And for attempting to join the local Baseball team.

Reactions: Dan00001

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yeah that was the idea - but 'proper' maces are ridiculously over priced I think. Hence this option. Going to modify it ( maybe ) with a threaded bar and some micro plates.
A pole, a suitable container on the end and Postcrete makes for a suitable gada.

My fav is actually some lead sheet wrapped round the end of a wood pole but more just because I got the weight right for me. My Indian clubs I turned myself.

Reactions: Dan00001 and TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE