What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
A laxy mill, iom, all wool single blanket in A1 condition for a measly £20. Bargain.
Not as good a bargain as my double merino wool charity shop buy, (£3.00) but this is more suitable for camping.

Reactions: Coach

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
I know I shouldnt post it.. but I cant help it, because Ive been chasing one for so long, - Ive just ordered and paid for a TRC Mille Cuori Outdoors Knife. Expecting delivery by the weekend. They say everything comes to he who waits but its so easy to lose faith, especially after the days, months, year Etc roll by. NEVER GIVE UP!!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Silky Big Boy Outback from Woodlore.

Enjoyed the irony of having to provide a photo of my driver's license to prove that I am old enough to buy bladed implements. Last time I bought a bladed implement from them was March 2003, when I bought my GB SFA and paid to attend one of their courses.

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Silky Big Boy Outback from Woodlore.

Enjoyed the irony of having to provide a photo of my driver's license to prove that I am old enough to buy bladed implements. Last time I bought a bladed implement from them was March 2003, when I bought my GB SFA and paid to attend one of their courses.
I bought the 240 Outback gomboy from them recently, think they know me by now without checks;). Yours is a Good saw!!

Last edited:

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Ohhh. Costly Coach. May she live long in your collection. Bet that was hard to track down.
A bit over £400 , yes a lot of money at the mo under the present situation but to be fair I've paid a lot more for what I wanted. At the End of the day you cant take it with you can you?? And I find Knives and Tools usually come up with the goods.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I know I shouldnt post it.. but I cant help it, because Ive been chasing one for so long, - Ive just ordered and paid for a TRC Mille Cuori Outdoors Knife. Expecting delivery by the weekend. They say everything comes to he who waits but its so easy to lose faith, especially after the days, months, year Etc roll by. NEVER GIVE UP!!
Nice knife. I have long like the look of the stuff that TRC makes.

Nearly bought the Silky last winter when I needed to cut in a tight spot, but ended up using a fixed handle Japanese saw. Been fancying something between the Laplander and a 24 inch bow saw ever since. Never used a Silky before but they sound good.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I don't trust my poor sense of balance in the total darkness of a power failure to get me down 2 flights of stairs to start the solar power system (upstairs power points).
So I ordered a pair of coal-oil/kerosene/lamp oil, glass wick lamps and the suitable fuel. I'll keep a AA x LED light with me, just to get as far as the lamps. The hilarious point at the moment is that I'm not certain that I can find a match to light the dang things!

Where' going to be the best places to keep them? Kitchen?

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Collected from the Post Office yesterday. Some leather work I asked dougster on this forum to do for me. Knife is a 3mm woodlore clone that I sent to Richard for sizing.

Exactly what I was after on both pieces. Lovely fit and finish and I'm one very happy Ewok.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20220911_082645_735.jpg
    IMG_20220911_082645_735.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220911_082701_668.jpg
    IMG_20220911_082701_668.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 18

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
From the charity shop(again)
A set of old marples woodcarving tools. They were going to throw them away as they can't sell bladed stuff.
I also got a tin of victorian buttons in a victorian tin, some sewing machine needles, and a pair of folding scissors, a bit of tatted lace trim, and a few other sewing bits, a needle for my record player. (They had no idea what it was!) All put in the chuck it box. A fiver the lot.
The wood tools need some tlc, as they are rusty and blunt, but easy enough to bring back into shape.
I reckon the tin alone is worth a fiver as it's in excellent condition.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
image.jpg
A Lionsteel M4 to compliment the CRK :)

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Took a trip to Windsor today to lay some flowers for Her Majesty and afterwards decided to call into some charity shops. Found a 1918 dated prismatic compass with a 1929 dated leather case in lovely condition for the extortionate price of £15!! I've been after one for a while.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Took a trip to Windsor today to lay some flowers for Her Majesty and afterwards decided to call into some charity shops. Found a 1918 dated prismatic compass with a 1929 dated leather case in lovely condition for the extortionate price of £15!! I've been after one for a while.
Have had my late grandfathers 1st WW army one in its mint leather pouch since a boy. Still use it sometimes, and a lot when I went OB:)

Reactions: santaman2000

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
A Clipper mini lighter from Asda (smoker ... ahem and forgot my lighter). Didn't know they did them. Similar in size to the mini Bics but refillable and has the flint mechanism that can be removed if need be as an emergency lighter source.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE