What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you're looking for value for money then the Decathlon tarp at £19.99 is a great buy. It's what I started out with 8 years ago and I've still got it now as a reserve tarp :)

Great thing about Decathlon is they now do click and collect with free delivery :cool:

Cheers Bilmo-just googled a couple of vango types under £30 which look suspiciously like they fit the bill.
Will search for cheapest now, thanks. Tom.:)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Tom, this tent looks very much like a Belgium RAF tent I have, is it one do you know ?

One of these. Looks good, is 100% waterproof and if it disintegrates it hasn't cost me more than £32!

What would be a good small tarp setup to attach to this to have a small cooking/storage/dry area please?

Tom.

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Hi Robbi

Got it off ebay, made in China. They're still on there. Its an almost instant pop up. Tent and fly over top. Sold by iglobalbuy company and sent from Bremen, Germany. An unbelievable £27.00 plus £5.00 delivery. I set it up in my garden over two stormy nights and it was perfect. Dry and undamaged and we get hammered by wind here and driving rain of course. Probably a copy of yours-have you got a pic. of it? The whole thing is only 4kg but its very strong-very happy for the outlay.

cheers

Tom.

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Sorry Robbi, no link but if you go on Ebay uk its a frim called iglobalbuy 2011. Failing that if you search popup tent you should quickly come across it in the listings.

Plenty of pet bowls and sewing machines but, no tents.

Last edited:

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Gone a bit mad this week. Just received my tbs boar fixed blade with walnut handle. Nice! Also waiting on fjallraven sormland pile fleece to arrive.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
f9768550b4d1979552106ef1f2de6d0e.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
I'm struggling to see it!!

K

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
An offer I could not refuse at the local charity shop...so I bought the two on sale...:D

KjmW8nll.jpg

iwD99rul.jpg

KCBypCxl.jpg

They are insulated and seem to be of a Thermarest type copy of reasonable quality. For £6 they'll do for the bunks aboard my boat.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
A bundle of silicon folding pets bowls which will now be re-puposed as silicon folding camping bowls for humans. Purchased from poundworld in a fetching blue but similar to the pic below. I've been considering these for a while as an cheapskate alternative to branded camping alterhatives.

dog-bowl-folded-550x550.gif

Only adjustment was filing off the heart to leave a caribiner friendly slot to allow them to be clipped onto ridgeline to dry.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Won the auction on it last night and a mate's picking it up for me tonight... but I won't get it for another month.

Singer 201k for £21 :D I've also got to source a case for it as there's not one but that's not going to be to difficult

Update on it, the damn thing turned out to be a lemon, bit's missing or broken and wouldn't run past a crawl when power was applied. According to the seller it was in good working order!!! Luckily he's agreed to take it back but it's ruddy annoying :censored:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE