What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I went to Heinnie Hayes webside yesterday with the intention of getting a Fenix E01 to replace the one I've had on my keyring as its had 2 batteries leak in it, the last one killing it. I Managed to spent £215 instead of the tenner I was intending to.

This morning the nice UPS man delivered them. Gotta give credit to Heinnie for there postage, always fast!

I got a Benchmade Griptilian 551, a Condor Mini Duku Parang Machete, a Fenix E01, a Pathfinder Bottle & Nesting Cup Set and a Strikefire Spork - Titanium which I much prefer to the light my fire version.

I took a couple of photos with my phone:

The sharpest knife out the box I've ever got. I'd guess around the 800 grit mark. I'll be taking it to 6000 though.

I've already got there Village Parang. I'd wanted a parang for years, saw it and bought one immediately, but it was a bit big and over heavy, this at around 400g lighter at a tad over 500g feels much better! Its got a rubbish edge, but I kind of like that as I can spend some time on it and get it hair poppingly sharp.

A couple or months ago now I got a new Leatherman REV to replace my sadly lost Kick i'd had for years. Its better! I've never wanted one of the full multi-tools, this ticks every box I wanted in one.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
3cb60e4b21ed849670c7aafd7a333a46.jpg

Got myself a new bag and a free gas mask too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Arrived today the Swanndri Mosgiel that herself ordered me a week or so back. They had apologised for the delay but I was a bit narked when it turned out to be a 2XL not the 3XL we had ordered. I tried it on anyway and it fits me great, with the clothes I'll wear under it there's still a good 6 inches cross over on the zips at my equator. 3XL would have been excessive and since I'm slowly losing weight would have looked silly on me in a few years time. I've just compared it to my 3XL bush shirt and its a inch or two eider than that.

'just gone for a few miles bimble over the backs and it is just the job, plenty warm and windproof with just a long sleeved T shirt under it. Then it suddenly went black over head from being a pleasant blue, I squealed like a big girls blouse and I hopped on a passing bus before the skies could open up! Then it didn't actually rain.

The 64oz Kleen Kanteen we ordered arrived 3 days after ordering it.

atb

tom

brickie58

Feb 8, 2014
pembs
A wool shirt not the thick ones made from a blanket, I am in the middle of making one of them from a polish army wool blanket, had to get one from usa in the end from a civil war reenactor company (civil war sutler ), after seeing the prices over here!!

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
One of these. Looks good, is 100% waterproof and if it disintegrates it hasn't cost me more than £32!

What would be a good small tarp setup to attach to this to have a small cooking/storage/dry area please?

Tom.

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Tom wrote,
What would be a good small tarp setup to attach to this to have a small cooking/storage/dry area please?

A 3m x 3m tarp in similar weight fabric, and a couple of hiking poles would offer you a huge range of possibilities.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE