was this you or do you know who?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
to the low right of the can of oust, it's a nintendo ds game case. ...

The games case will have been used to try to carry the paraphernalia and act as a board to work off ~ it also acts as low level camouflage if stopped and searched. The legal stuff will have been used to bulk out the smaller bag(s).

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
If there was anything in the tin/grinder/packet... I know an expert that could confirm the contents.

Shall I pm my addy, and pass it on :yelrotflm

Joking aside...

looks like a lot of good gear (camping stuff) went down the drain judging by the burn marks ect.

Its a shame (some) people just cant go out, hold it together and enjoy. We get a fair bit of that around here... Found a fresh goon site the other day, numpty season has begun and I collected loads of abandoned carp from the site. Sad really.

al.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Top marks to Southey and his neighbour from Nepal !

We get vermin like this on a bridleway that crosses the farm , every hot sunny bankholliday.

They drive a van as far up as they can, then unload gennies, speakers, bbq etc. Can be anything from 10 to 100 of them there in an hour or two.

Sometimes it's worse than others. Takes loads of calls to police to move them on. All we can do is tell them to keep out the fields and don't hassle the livestock.
Always have damage to the hedge and fencing afterwards and a tish load of rubbish and carp left behind. And yes, some of the ruined tat left behind wont have been cheap if legitimately purchased.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Well done for "asking" them to leave...so many folk would just ignore them rather than get involved. Sad really:dunno:

Good of you to tidy up toogoodjob

Simon

Whilst i do agree with standing up for what is right and not letting yob's run riot.

There are times where i just think "why should i even bother" i can look after myself, but after numerous encounters i now just bow out and live for another day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Garry_Newlove

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Whilst i do agree with standing up for what is right and not letting yob's run riot.

There are times where i just think "why should i even bother" i can look after myself, but after numerous encounters i now just bow out and live for another day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Garry_Newlove

Too true. Though I've always been a care full Chap. I always like to know what I'm going into and if I can will always take a Gurkah into possibly dodgy situations.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
how did they react when they where asked to leave?
most likley they where using the deodorant to get the fires going, ive seen this being done before by a mate when we where kids, the flame traveled up into the can and exploded, burning him pretty badly.
the tin and grinder and for uhm yeah.. smoke.
somthing similar happend in the woods where i was living last autum, some kids where out with a fire, smoking illegal things and drinking, my girlfreind and I came along and shon a police torch into their camp blinding them, they all ran thinking it was the police.

takjaa

May 20, 2010
Hampshire, England
I read through this thread with a cheeky smile, after working out its location I started thinking iv camped on that very spot ... iv had fires on that very spot ... iv put spray cans on the fire at that camp on that very spot ... I saw pot for the very first time meters away from that very spot!!!
dont panic tho it was 20+ years ago when i was a nipper and lived in ramillies park, and for anyone thinking southey was harsh on these guys let me tell you I got caught by my dad (a para) my mates dad (also a para) and the MP's .... there was some words exchanged and red backsides that day! them guys got of lightly ;)

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
The oust is there to remove the smell of camp smoke me thinks.

BTW, why not just contact the mps on the second night?

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Alot of nice kit to leave behind, but well done for the job
As far as im concerned do what you like- just dont disturb others while doing it :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I would have contacted the Army to be honest, if it had gone mammaries vertical you left yourself open to potential problems with the police; those involved could have accused you of anything that came to mind so whilst I understand your temptation its not worth any risk, legal or physical when ultimately it was the MP's job or perhaps the local Police.

Glad your safe.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Once that drugs are added to the situation most things change. only takes 1 nob to turn up with a bag of weed and then give some to normally sane boys/young men and then all the sh*t hits the fan. Yes there is some good kit there and anyone would normally come back to get it. Strange from the onset this thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE