was this you or do you know who?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Found some chaps camping out in our local woods(by local it's 100m from my door) normally no probs, but the beer, massive fire and exploding deodorant cans made it an issue Sooooooo....

Any one know of any one who went camping in the Aldershot area on Garrison land, who got unceremoniously kicked off by myself and A neighbour from Nepal during the night of 30th April? here's what was left.

DSCF3956.jpg

DSCF3957.jpg

DSCF3958.jpg

DSCF3959.jpg

DSCF3960.jpg

some of the unexploded cans with the snout of my Ahem "search" dog.

DSCF3961.jpg

the heat of the fire dried the leaves about thrity foot up in the canopy.
DSCF3963.jpg

DSCF3964.jpg

any one for a new sleeping bag? collect from the tip.

DSCF3968.jpg

DSCF3969.jpg

lots of large branches cut down,
DSCF3970.jpg

I may have "tripped" over the guy line while going in to ask them to leave

DSCF3971.jpg

the way in from the tree line, it's a nice secluded spot, that if your smart and respectful you can sleep many nights and only be disturbed by dogs out for a walk, or the local deer, foxes or rabbits.

DSCF3972.jpg

So if you do know them, please let them know there kit is now in the second skip along, i had to take a large bin bag of nappies so just combined the trip. happy hunting.:camping:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not guilty mate

Some decent gear there but it looks like you got there at the right time.

If any of the poles are ally I wouldn't mind recycling them ?

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I can't believe you 'kicked them off the site', isn't that out of order? Did you try reasoning with them first or did you just steam in? They may have been first time campers after all, unaware of the consequences of their actions. DRinking beer, for example, isn't illegal otherwise all bcuk meets would be.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
it is MOD land on which all camping is illegal, they had been there for two night running up to this with no incident, your right drinking isn't illegal, however being smashed with a massive fire stoked with folding chairs and deodorant cans shouting and nobbing about, we did not got there to reason we went to tell them to bugger off, why should we have to tolerate noise and prats, smashing bottles and damaging the woods a lot of the kids from the quarters and the civvie estates like to play in? being a first time camper is no excuse for being a first class goon.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You did the right thing mate, well done. I thought the same thing as Shewie about the poles, I must have Yorkshire blood in me. :)

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just to clarify, the only damage we caused was to the guy line of that tunnel tent thing, the rest, burnt tents, and melted kit is all down to the blokes there, if they had been just enjoying the time of year no one would even have batted and eyelid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE