The Island With Bear Grylls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
It's the copper that gets on my goat, the only thing he's done so far is use his gob to lecture and pontificate and even a lot of what he says is hypocritical!

He'd be dessert.

Off topic slightly, but does anyone recall a survival show from probably the 90's which aired on BBC2 where they took a team of ordinary joe's into a different survival situation each episode? I dimly recall one episode where they were effectively washed off a Spanish mountain by torrential rain, and another where the caught a shark by leaving a huge baited hook and chain on the beach over night and when the tide retreated there was a sizeable beast attached?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm not bothered to be honest, they're still ordinary blokes trying to fend for themselves and lets face it nobody was going to be allowed to die of the dehydration.

'Survive That' is equally as contrived, it cannot be avoided.

If anyone wants to see gladiators fight to their death, you've missed it fellas ...

You haven't been in Glasgow city centre on a Saturday night have you?:eek:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He'd be dessert.

Off topic slightly, but does anyone recall a survival show from probably the 90's which aired on BBC2 where they took a team of ordinary joe's into a different survival situation each episode? I dimly recall one episode where they were effectively washed off a Spanish mountain by torrential rain, and another where the caught a shark by leaving a huge baited hook and chain on the beach over night and when the tide retreated there was a sizeable beast attached?

Was it "Now Get Out Of That!" by any chance? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0951013/

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
He'd be dessert.

Was that the one on Channel 4 with Hugh McManners

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Was that the one on Channel 4 with Hugh McManners

Hmm...could be. Looking at the Wiki entry for 'Bare Necessities' it sounds more like it...although it still doesn't quite match up with my vague recollection. That said, it was broadcast in the early '000's which was about the same time I was 'enjoying' myself quite heavily so my memory of that time could be a little haze:)

Reece

Oct 27, 2011
Preston
So much for the Cameramen taking a backseat, Kiff and Rupert spent half the show in front of the camera, I think perhaps Rupert has secret orders to try and liven things up a bit, perhaps drive a wedge in the cracks here and there, time will tell.

I agree they both seemed to be getting at Ryan on the camera more than any of the other members. I think Rupert is trying to create some unnecessary drama, I liked how Matt handled himself when they found Ryan.

Tony has to go, he is the most useless member and is trying to create himself useless jobs and titles to get out of doing any real work. Wound me up when he suggested he put himself in charge of Ryan. I would have liked to see him "Physically restrain him" lol.

I'm hoping that the doctor steps up as leader he seems the most level headed.

Reece

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I'm sorry but on an island of a couple of hectares Ryan couldn't find the beach and walk along the shore, and the others had to spend all day looking for him ? He may be injured or he may not, maybe he wanted to be alone.

He's a dramatical plant and thats all there is to it !

Not only arranged stuff but complete deceptions.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
I'm sorry but on an island of a couple of hectares Ryan couldn't find the beach and walk along the shore, and the others had to spend all day looking for him ? He may be injured or he may not, maybe he wanted to be alone.

He's a dramatical plant and thats all there is to it !

Not only arranged stuff but complete deceptions.

Or he's just a big wuss.

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
Looks like they're recruiting for the next one....we could do with a BUK plant - who just happens to be a natural at bow drilling, making shelter and foraging. (or even better the Tom Brown devotee from fear of the dark thread could go on - with the stolen beers)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE