The Island With Bear Grylls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Looks like they're recruiting for the next one....we could do with a BUK plant - who just happens to be a natural at bow drilling, making shelter and foraging. (or even better the Tom Brown devotee from fear of the dark thread could go on - with the stolen beers)

He'd never cope without a lorry load of Sainsbury's salted pistachios.

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
So..... Out of all the people who posted on this thread that said they could do much better than the guys on the island, how many have actually applied for season 2...anyone?

Would be interesting to find out.

Best,

Ross

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
So..... Out of all the people who posted on this thread that said they could do much better than the guys on the island, how many have actually applied for season 2...anyone?

Would be interesting to find out.

Best,

Ross

I would have thought any one who puts down Bushcraft as an interest would be instantly rejected wouldn't they? Would not make very interesting viewing.

I maybe wrong.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
No amount of money would get me on a tv show never mind volunteer

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I would have thought any one who puts down Bushcraft as an interest would be instantly rejected wouldn't they? Would not make very interesting viewing.

I maybe wrong.

tell em you are a six foot six body builder and must always be the alpha male.....but you are scared of blood, the dark, and anything with more than four legs

if they believe it you may as well book the time off work now LMAO

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I'm darned sure I could do at least as well, but I've seen first hand how fly on the wall television programmes are made and just how they skew what they show, and I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial barge pole as a result.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm darned sure I could do at least as well, but I've seen first hand how fly on the wall television programmes are made and just how they skew what they show, and I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial barge pole as a result.

Must admit I thought they missed a trick in some ways , they could have had an all 'Male Island' and an all 'Female Island' , would have been interesting to see how the two sexes group dynamics and communciations styles differ in similar situations.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
It would be very interesting but I doubt whether the television people would resist the temptation to edit to portray the stereotypical characteristics. Some years ago was involved in running several big conventions at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. The television series "The Hotel" was filmed there and the presentation made some of the people I knew quite well into almost unrecognisable caricatures.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....The television series "The Hotel" was filmed there and the presentation made some of the people I knew quite well into almost unrecognisable caricatures.

From IMDB:

"Hotel (1983-1988)
The elegant St. Gregory Hotel in San Francisco is the setting for a string of distinct plots, usually romantic, often involving famous guest stars for an episode or two. Victoria Cabot runs the hotel for absent owner Laura Trent (Bette Davis, seen only in the opening episode), until Cabot dies halfway through the series, when manager Peter McDermott takes over and makes Christine the new manager."

Cast:

James Brolin James Brolin ...
Peter McDermott (115 episodes, 1983-1988)

Connie Sellecca Connie Sellecca ...
Christine Francis (115 episodes, 1983-1988)

Nathan Cook Nathan Cook ...
Billy Griffin / ... (115 episodes, 1983-1988)

Shari Belafonte Shari Belafonte ...
Julie Gillette / ... (115 episodes, 1983-1988)

Michael Spound Michael Spound ...
Dave Kendall (101 episodes, 1983-1987)

Heidi Bohay Heidi Bohay ...
Megan Kendall (101 episodes, 1983-1987)

Shea Farrell Shea Farrell ...
Mark Danning (76 episodes, 1983-1986)

Anne Baxter Anne Baxter ...
Victoria Cabot (75 episodes, 1983-1986)

Harry George Phillips Harry George Phillips ...
Harry, the bartender / ... (64 episodes, 1983-1988)

See full cast »

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE