Show us your D.I.Y favourites!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Your Favourite method of D.I.Y Fabrication!

• Total voters

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My current favourite - the shirt that is!
It was a Dayglo Orange Merino blanket....
Merinoshirtfromablanket.jpg

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I voted woodworking as that's probably my favourite, and I chose this knife I made as it took many other projects to get to this stage.

000_0383-Copy.jpg

Im forging more often now though, but I find great pleasure in also working with bark and making more simple objects.

S5001847.jpg

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Since coming on here I've really got into leather :D It's one of the nicest materials to work with and with a few tools you can produce descent quality work.

And at the end of the day its a natural material:)

Some recent work..........

DSCF1825.jpg

DSCF1540_opt.jpg

Richard

Wow, fair does some really nice items there mate, you must be very talented, well done
Bill

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
You make nice bows!
What kinds of wood you normally use?

greetings Theo

Sorry i missed your post, usualy ash, wych elm and yew. Have tried a few others like goat willow and birch but they are all second rate in comparison.

I was one of the (very few) people who put 'Man-made Fabric work' I'm a bit ashamed really as so much of the work you guys have posted is so good, but to give a little confidence to any of you who fancy taking the plunge and doing something - here's a Kydex sheath I made for a Mora Clipper - it was both pretty forgiving to work with and a lot of fun

P1010250.JPG

PS if the curve looks familiar its because it's taken from a light my fire meal set, why do the hard bit yourself?

Last edited:

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I love making straw coil baskets, I tend to give them to people as soon as I have made them so no pics I'm afraid :( I'm very impressed with all the work on here, simply wow :)

I

Izzeh

Wow all of your projects are amazing!

I generally like to 'use whats available' to me when making crafts. We had an old wooden pallet that was going to be burnt, so I cut off some of the wood that was usable and made these bird houses last week.
They were pretty easy to make, and I cladded the outside of them with twigs and bark from the garden for a more rustic feel.
They arent anything special, but thought I'd share :)

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

I

Izzeh

Great 'little guy' Hoodoo, what type of wood did you use? Loving the colours, he really stands out :)

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I just love to see all this great work in here!
Going from knives and axes via woodspirits, bows and pouches to canoes and a yurt..... Amazing!!!

So I just wanted to add my little fiddlings to the list; my machetescabbard and my mocassins!
scab2totaal.jpg
scab2achterzijde.jpg

moctouwup.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've 'made' alot of stuff in the past and usually after a few drinks so they often come out like this ;)

wood sprite ;)
FS1.jpg

work bench I cut with a drill bit haha!
WB1.jpg

my corncob pipe, grandpa would be proud (tongue in cheeck)
P1.jpg

A knife I cut from a bucthers cleaver, an unfinished project I put aside when decorating (must finish sometime)
HMK4.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE