Show us your D.I.Y favourites!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Your Favourite method of D.I.Y Fabrication!

• Total voters

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
You cut the bench using a drill?!!! Now that's clever mate, it has to be said. Nice thinking.

Really like that knife you're making from a a cleaver. So wished Ii'd thought of that, I see cleavers all the time at bootfairs here.

haha well I broke my wood saw and needed a bench to finnish the knife on..

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Take two simple sticks, one cherry, one sycamore. Add some paracord, a bit of sanding, and some linseed oil.

2 marlin spikes for my hammock suspension.

Overkill - probably.

Attachments

• IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 49

BobvanVelzen

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
I made this Kydex sheath for my dads Camillus yesterday. Took me 2 hours.
IMG_0233.JPG

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
I voted basketry, because that is what I do most of, and the one I feel I am best at.

but I love working with wood (combines nicely with rattan for some interesting designs, and to get some basketry in).

and just starting out with leather work, which seems to be mildly addictive.

Alex

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
My folding bow saw which i love.saves loads of time when keeping a good fire going and weighs very little
c1238408-32f5-7ed6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
The larger one with it's own photo is antler. I prefer it for needles - it breaks less readily than bone. The little one is indeed bone. Never made one from horn, maybe I'll give it a try.

Wow all of your projects are amazing!

I generally like to 'use whats available' to me when making crafts. We had an old wooden pallet that was going to be burnt, so I cut off some of the wood that was usable and made these bird houses last week.
They were pretty easy to make, and I cladded the outside of them with twigs and bark from the garden for a more rustic feel.
They arent anything special, but thought I'd share :)

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

I love the cladding on those houses! Fancy making a couple of those myself. How did you secure the cladding? I'm thinking of using a hot glue gun but no idea if that would last for long out in the elements.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Love the Kydex sheaths, very impressive indeed guys.

Any hints as to a tutorial/where to start on these? I've got a few items I'd love to make Kydex sheath for. Or at least, have a crack at it!

LuckyDucky

Forager
Dec 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
I just love to see all this great work in here!
Going from knives and axes via woodspirits, bows and pouches to canoes and a yurt..... Amazing!!!

So I just wanted to add my little fiddlings to the list; my machetescabbard and my mocassins!
scab2totaal.jpg
scab2achterzijde.jpg

moctouwup.jpg

How did you make these moccasins? Were the materials alot of money?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE