Show us your D.I.Y favourites!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Your Favourite method of D.I.Y Fabrication!

• Total voters

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My favourite always seems to be my last, not had chance to do any more since my boy was born.
bench.jpg

tiptoms.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0493-1.jpg

upload.jpg

Mang

Settler
I posted these on a while ago...

DSC02515.jpg

This DIY tripod

DSC02423.jpg

And this DIY axe mask. I've got some Ash wood to try and make a collapsable saw and I've also got a couple of wooden wine crates from work that I'd like to make into a wooden chest. They used to be so common but are sadly not now...and to think that I used to chop them up for kindling! :togo:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
to build knives you have to do some metalworking, woodworking, leatherworking, antler- or bonework, scrimshaw.....

i´m not good at anything but i get better... ;o)

blade poul strande
handle stab birch, mammoth ivory, copper
sheath veg tanned leather

IMG_9462small.jpg

blade mikael eklund
handle jarrah, bone, fiber spacers
sheath veg tanned leather

P1020866small.jpg

P1020872small.jpg

cheers
belabear

I like these, very nice indeed.
I have just ordered the same blade on the second knife from Mikael Ekland.

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
here's one i made after er indoors thought £85 for one off a well known site was a bit mutch

dec09030.jpg

dec09031.jpg

very nice looking saw!
for information: i made one (for hasty people) with round tenons. augered two pieces of wood,then carved down horizontal bar to fit the holes,a saw cut in each piece of wood well strait ,braided a strawball string (kind of bright blue i'm affraid),carved a tensionner,and go! auger was 20mm=2cm=0.78 inches if i'm right.and works fine even if not as beautyfull as the one above!

M

MartinT

I love working with Leather - My favourite bit so far is my clipper sheath.

knife1.jpg

but I just finished a couple of attempts at basketry with some buff willow. The first is a generic basket, the second is a soft fruit picker.

basket.jpg
fruitpick.jpg

Biker

Some truly amazing bits of kit in this thread. :notworthy

My own personal favourite hobby has been carving. My first spoon was a disaster. I daren't show it. But for bigger stuff I get a great deal of satisfaction from seeing the thing I want delvelop as the wood chips and chunks of flesh fly.

My second passion is leatherwork but I have yet to really get the results I'm aiming for. I see the gorgeous stuff here and think, "Yeah I could do that." then I realise the magnitude of the task. Often I don't even start for fear of failure. My current dream is to make a possibles belt pouch. But indecision is stopping me.

Anyway here's my walking staff that I carved a wood spirit into last year.

Staff04.jpg

Biker

my 1st attempt at a spoon is only 1/2 done still... I'm waiting for my palm to heal a bit lol

Oh aren't we the proper show off! :surrender:

Sheesh! You've made me doubly committed not to show off my first attempt of a spoon. That thing's just amazing mate! Most impressed. Nothing like aiming high for your first one then eh? Great job so far.
Hope the hand heals soon. Looking forward to see this one finished.

Duct tape for plasters? Now that's just so bushcraft. hehehehehehee

stekker

Forager
Aug 21, 2009
holland
Thank you guys,i'm intending to make more of these folding camp/buck saws.
I've already started making a list of people who are interested on the Dutch bushcraft forum.

Theo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE