Shoulder Knife Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I was set a challenge by woof to come up with a shoulder sheath for his knife.
This is the finished bespoke shoulder sheath.

img1325x.jpg

img1324k.jpg

img1326a.jpg

Thankyou for looking.
All comments welcome.
Topknot.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The standard of work is excelent(what i have come to expect of Andy !). The thought, time and design that he has put in to the sheath, are not reflected in what he has charged me.

I have taken photo's of the sheath with knife in place, and they look great together, and are easily concealed under a light shirt for discrete carry, yet ready access. However, i am some what of a technophobe, and need my son to post them for me, so i'm reliant on him being home and not falling in love again this week.

Rob

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
of course teh question we have to ask is: why?

if you are out camping and have your knife carried that way, while you are not breaking the law, you are going to invite some very strange questions should the plod come along

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi Dave,

I think if you encounter the police while carrying a large knife on a belt it is there for all to see, especialy at this time of year, when most folks wear lighterweight clothing, this will sit out of sight under a shirt or sleevless jacket.

As for questions arrising, they will be asked regardless of carry option, if it is seen, by/or reported to the police.

Rob

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Actually - as a concealed weapon the Magistrate will be MUCH less lenient on you. The act of concealing will more than likely up your custodial sentence by quite a bit I am afraid.

LBL

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice work but I wouldn't use it. There may not be much of a difference to you between discrete carry and concealed carry but there may be to the police officer who takes you down the station rather than letting you go on your merry way.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Oh yes....its a mandatory custodial sentence nowadays I believe. The Home Secretary has given no sentencing leeway to Magistrates :(

So if Plod does catch you out you better plead they don't book you!

LBL

Oh...lovely bit of craftsmanship by the way! ;)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
So, by your reconning, out of sight equals concealed carry ?, so is having it in your backpack,means concealed then ?. I don't understand your logic, but appreciate your comments, and respect the views expressed.

I don't know if there is a "concealed carry" law in this country, maybe there is someone more knowlegable on the law who could advise ?.

But as it stands, it sounds like you are scare mongering and creating a problem, that does'nt exist, but thats my view.

Rob

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
as far as I understand it, concealed suggests that it is hidden but is easy access.

In your bag it is stored ready for use but it is nit quickly accessable. Under your shirt it is deliberately hidden and is in a position where it is easy to get at in a hurry. likewise, a knife in the glove compartment is a concealed weapon, but in the boot with your rucksack it is not concealed mearly stored out of sight

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
as far as I understand it, concealed suggests that it is hidden but is easy access.

In your bag it is stored ready for use but it is nit quickly accessable. Under your shirt it is deliberately hidden and is in a position where it is easy to get at in a hurry. likewise, a knife in the glove compartment is a concealed weapon, but in the boot with your rucksack it is not concealed mearly stored out of sight

That is correct as I know it Dave. Hidden but ease/speed of access apparently encourages intent to use in anger if provoked (like a knife in a glove compartment and road rage). A necker will also be classed as concealed aswell.....

Its all such a damn shame tho' :(

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The system shown will print to a high degree, and given that its a shoulder rig, raises the probability that those whom notice it may assume that its a shoulder holster for a firearm!

Printing apart, sheath movement will be a factor.

If you want a discreet shoulder system, Robert Humelbaugh's 'Single Shoulder Sheath Lite' would offer a high degree of concealment, retention and accessibility (first pic below).

This system is tailored to the user's preferred mode of carry, usage and knife type, details of all the systems and equipment offered are on the website, here, site map, here, for bushcraft and outdoor gear.

sheath_lite_sm.jpg
dbl_sheath_lite_sm.jpg

Credit: Survival Sheath Systems.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Carrying a fixed blade knife in an inverted shoulder holster has no connection to carrying a SAK in a belt pouch!

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
You will get mauled by any Police Officer with a concealed carry rig like that. The custody Sergeant is going to lob you in a cell, where you will wait itll morning for the Magistrates court.

Trust me, I used to work as a Custody Assistant for Thames valley Police and can say for 100% certain you would be in deep #### if caught with that.

In a bergen out of the way, quick access is not an option. In the boot of a car in a bergen, all is well.

Concealed for quick use under clothing in that rig? have a nice sleep in the cell mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE