For Sale Chris Claycomb 3.5inch RWL34, Flat Ground, Natural Tufnol, Kydex, Hunter/bushcraft utility

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Chris Claycomb RWL34 and Natural Tufnol Hunter/Bushcraft Utility
£200
posted UK (Tracked 48 age Verified) - PayPal
DSC09026.JPG

Originally started as one of three or four variations on a theme that I was playing with looking for my ideal small travel knife. I picked one of the others and this has languished in a box for some years. I have now taken it to a finished condition to sell on. Funny thing is, if I had finished it like this earlier, I might have chosen it over the other!

Designed as an expedition/travel utility knife which needed to be light and compact, would probably be used most for odd-jobs and food prep, but could be asked to carve wood and make feather sticks. It is a bit thinner at the edge than my normal bushcraft blades, making it better for food and game prep, but it is still set up to cut wood well, not so thin at the edge as to be unstable. The handle in particular had to be less bulky than the usual 1" thick bushcrafter, but had to remain comfortable for heavy cuts.

Blade:- 3.5 inch RWL34 cryo treated stainless. 1/8" stock, flat ground with a distal taper, somewhat convex edge. Continuous curve for extra cutting performance. Belt finished to 800grit and polish.

Handle:- Whale Brand Tufnol. Hidden morticed tang (12-10mm x aprox 3/4 handle length). Hidden internal pins. Bonded with 24 hour cure toughened epoxy. This is a small version of the handle used on the Spyderco BushcraftUK. Noticeably thinner. I have a similarly constructed and shaped handle on my personal small belt knife, in use since 2018. For reference, I wear a medium/size 8 glove.

OAL:- 7 7/8 inch

Sheath:- Coyote Kydex and black PVC belt loop for horizontal carry. The sheath is drilled to take a Bladetech Small Tek-lok horizontal, vertical or 45 degrees. Sheath is fastened with Chicago screws and rubber washers, allowing a level of disassembly for cleaning. This too is very like my personal small knife.

Weight (mass):- Knife in sheath 155g. Without sheath 105g
DSC09064.JPGDSC09051.JPGDSC09054.JPGDSC09063.JPG

Attachments

• DSC09053.JPG
    DSC09053.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC09034.JPG
    DSC09034.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 3

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE